• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Question

jamescalvin

Hi everyone, I have a quick question and it's probably a dumb one but nevertheless. I purchased a template and in the template it states that I have to download the oS 2.2ms software.

Do I need to have the company that is hosting my site install the software or is it someting that I can install and add in my root directory? I'm really new to this but I'm trying my best to understand. Thanks in advance.

Web Development, 365... 366 in a leap year.

Hi everyone, I have a quick question and it's probably a dumb one but nevertheless.  I purchased a template and in the template it states that I have to download the oS 2.2ms software. 

Do I need to have the company that is hosting my site install the software or is it someting that I can install and add in my root directory?  I'm really new to this but I'm trying my best to understand.  Thanks in advance.

You should be able to download it and install it yourself.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

And in the long run you'll be better off doing it yourself. A lot of hosts are pretty clueless about oscommerce, and what you learn from the process will serve you well when it comes time to administer and customize your store.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

And in the long run you'll be better off doing it yourself. A lot of hosts are pretty clueless about oscommerce, and what you learn from the process will serve you well when it comes time to administer and customize your store.

Cool, thanks for the tip. I just looked through the knowledgebase and I'll try doing an FTP based installation and see if that does me any justice. I know I'm gonna have a ton of more questions before I get this store working the way I want it to work so, here's to 1st of many...

Thanks

Web Development, 365... 366 in a leap year.

Archived