• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Out Of Stock Pricing

neerajpoudyal

My client wants me to have two prices. When the product is out of stock, he wants to offer an option where the customer can still buy for a different price (about twice as high).

Any suggestions how I can do that in OS?

ps: I hope this kind of questions goes to general sections. Or should it be posted to developer's?

My client wants me to have two prices. When the product is out of stock, he wants to offer an option where the customer can still buy for a different price (about twice as high).

Any suggestions how I can do that in OS?

ps: I hope this kind of questions goes to general sections. Or should it be posted to  developer's?

You could change the function "display_price" in the "currencies" class so that if the products_quantity <= 0 then you return the price x 2.

Treasurer MFC

You could change the function "display_price" in the "currencies" class so that if the products_quantity <= 0 then you return the price x 2.

Good Idea that I can use someday. Problem is he already has a "out of stock pricing list" for different products. He used to have a site where he could keep changing these prices. Now he wants to move the whole data to oscommerce. I know I have to have a separate table/column for product out of stock prices, but what to do after that?

Archived