• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

php5 support

rold2p

I don't know if it will be, at least not in the imemdiate future. There are two streams of php being issued, the 4 series and the 5 series, and the 5 series still has lots of problems. It is quite a radical rewrite of php from what I can see, and comes with additional commands/features not present in the 4 series. As long as php keep upgrading the 4 series I don't think there will be a mad rush by providers of php programmes to make their systems php5 compatible.

Vger

What problem you got in PHP5? I just installed 2M2 at FC4 (PHP5+Mysql4.1) and going to try because I am a new comer for days.

I got the error 1064 SYNTEXT Error ..... at line 1 in FC3. And it works fine at FC4.

Best regards,

Yan,

anybody an idea whe php 5 will be supported ?

thks

YaNotCook !!

ok, lot thks

by the way,

is there a way to avoid using register globals = on ?

think today its not really recommended to allow each html input field become a $global

rold2p

I don't know if it will be, at least not in the imemdiate future.  There are two streams of php being issued, the 4 series and the 5 series, and the 5 series still has lots of problems.  It is quite a radical rewrite of php from what I can see, and comes with additional commands/features not present in the 4 series.  As long as php keep upgrading the 4 series I don't think there will be a mad rush by providers of php programmes to make their systems php5 compatible.

Vger

lots of,

am new with OSC as well,

save your time, avoid testing with php5,

use 4.3.11 !

regards

rold2p

What problem you got in PHP5? I just installed 2M2 at FC4 (PHP5+Mysql4.1) and going to try because I am a new comer for days.

I got the error 1064 SYNTEXT Error ..... at line 1 in FC3. And it works fine at FC4.

Best regards,

Yan,

On a newly installed store install the Register Globals Patch Files (link below my name). If Register Globals is set to 'On' on your server you can set them to off via a .htaccess file in the root of your website.

Vger

The following bug report may help:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,2...arch,_global+on

Best regards,

Yan.

ok, lot thks

by the way,

think today its not really recommended to allow each html input field become a $global

rold2p

YaNotCook !!

Archived