• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP! customer paid wrong amount

stashandstuff

After going live last week, I finally get my first non-test customer and they got a bargain on shipping - the shipping rate shows only the low order fee. I will process the order since the LO fee covers postage, but I don't want a repeat occurence.

There are lots of other problems too -

The customer is in MD and I am in IL, but IL tax was calculated (and paid, I might add) on the invoice.

I have check, paypal, and CC enabled as my payment options but only CC comes up. Message to customer says, "This is the only payment option for this product".

I have USPS and UPS as delivery options, but the customer didn't get to choose. I'm sure this is just another symptom of the shipping problem.

Where did I go wrong?

Looks like you need to go into your admin and look at your modules as well as your zones. Without looking at your code and your admin I am not sure anyone can solve all of your issues.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Looks like you need to go into your admin and look at your modules as well as your zones. Without looking at your code and your admin I am not sure anyone can solve all of your issues.

My problem is that I don't know what I'm looking for.

I looked at my zones. I have three zones set up, Illinois, Domestic and International. Illinois is taxable.

I looked at my payment modules. Paypal and Check/Money Order are set to Domestic Zone. Credit Card is not set to any zone.

I looked at my shipping modules. UPS is set to International Zone. USPS is set to Domestic Zone. Free shipping is set to FALSE.

I looked at my products. All of them have been set up with a weight. All of them have been set up as taxable.

I created a test order and tried to place an order to ship to myself.

In payment Information, I still get:

This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order.

Tax zone of IL comes up even though I chose a shipping address in Wisconsin.

There is no shipping amount, but the low order fee does work correctly, coming in only when the total is appropriate (current under $10).

I don't see where the customer information links in with the payment zone or tax zone. Is that some magic behind-the-scenes or is that what I'm missing?

At this point, I'd be happy just to get the shipping to calculate and worry about the taxes later.

Archived