• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Advice Needed

ouikikazz

OK so the problem I have is that the shipping on my product changes depending on the location...and its freight only shipping...and i do not wish to create a shipping program for my freight company.

My question is other than making the customer call me to order the part, is there a way where i can integrate like a function where if hte customer pushed the add to cart button that it requests them to call me to order...or any other ideas at all? kinda stumped.

this must make perfect sense to you, but not to me so I can't help.

could you with a few more lines/words explain the situation with some examples ?

Questions I have

- I dont understand what you exactly mean by 'shipping on my product changes depending on the location ...' - the location of what ? customer - ofcourse, vendor, product ? ie are your products located in different warehouses ?

- What makes freight only shipping so special / different from the rest ?

- If it is so important to you, why don't you want to make a proper program for your freight company, note, if you mention who they are, someone might jump in and let you know that they already did

Why would the customer need to call you ? you have the customer location anyhow, why doesn't a regular shipping module do the job for you ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

this must make perfect sense to you, but not to me so I can't help.

could you with a few more lines/words explain the situation with some examples ?

Questions I have

- I dont understand what you exactly mean by 'shipping on my product changes depending on the location ...' - the location of what ? customer - ofcourse, vendor, product ? ie are your products located in different warehouses ?

- What makes freight only shipping so special / different from the rest ?

- If it is so important to you, why don't you want to make a proper program for your freight company, note, if you mention who they are, someone might jump in and let you know that they already did

Why would the customer need to call you ? you have the customer location  anyhow, why doesn't a regular shipping module do the job for you ?

-It will change on location of the customer...if i ship to PA it costs like $200, GA like $170, while somewhere like OR is like $190....it changes depending on the customers location.

-Only certain products need truck freight shipping due to the size of the object, everything else can go UPS. Like 2% of my products would need to be shipped through a different shipping company.

-I would make a proper program but due to my limited funds i can't get someone to create one for me...i will need to double check with my partner to get the name of the freight company.