• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove price from option drop down.

Wendy James

Hi =)

I am having a horrible time trying to install the actual attribute price contribution for a friend of mine so he decided he was just going to put a price list on the products page.

This works great and is easy but now I am wondering how to make it so the prices do not show up in the options drop down menu.

So instead of having

product 1

product 2 (+$5.00)

product 3 (+$15.00)

it would just show

product 1

product 2

product 3 and so on.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have searched but came up empty and I have tried messing will the code on product_info.php but it doesn't seem to change a thing.

Found one post asking the same thing but he said he found a fix and didn't post it. Wish he had. :D

Thanks!

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Hi =)

I am having a horrible time trying to install the actual attribute price contribution for a friend of mine so he decided he was just going to put a price list on the products page.

This works great and is easy but now I am wondering how to make it so the prices do not show up in the options drop down menu.

So instead of having

product 1

product 2 (+$5.00)

product 3 (+$15.00)

it would just show

product 1

product 2

product 3  and so on.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have searched but came up empty and I have tried messing will the code on product_info.php but it doesn't seem to change a thing.

Found one post asking the same thing but he said he found a fix and didn't post it. Wish he had.  :D

Thanks!

Just an idea - make them all the same price? java script:emoticon(':-%22')

Hi Wendy,

find this and just comment the whole block out in product_info.php

if ($products_options['options_values_price'] != '0') {
           $products_options_array[sizeof($products_options_array)-1]['text'] .= ' (' . $products_options['price_prefix'] . $currencies->display_price($products_options['options_values_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) .') ';
         }

:-)

Monika

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Thank you so much Monika, that was the part of the code I was commenting out last night but you saying it was the right part got me looking at the code a bit more... the reason it wasn't removing the part I wanted to is because he also has options as images installed and that same piece of code is on a page added by that contribution.

Got it now though! lol thanks!

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Thank you so much Monika, that was the part of the code I was commenting out last night but you saying it was the right part got me looking at the code a bit more... the reason it wasn't removing the part I wanted to is because he also has options as images installed and that same piece of code is on a page added by that contribution.

Got it now though! lol thanks!

goodie! glad you got it to work!

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived