• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Gift Certificates, Free Shipping

hubcat

Greetings all,

I have a gift certificate product that can be purchased in my store. If my customers purchase $99 in products, they get free shipping. I'm trying to prevent them from purchasing a $20 shirt and a $100 gift certificate and then getting free shipping on the $20 shirt and free shipping again when they use the $100 gift certificate.

If I knew where the code was, I could probably tinker around in it to figure out how to remove the gift certificate products from the $99 free shipping deal. But, alas, I can't seem to find it.

As a lot of us are, I'm still very new to HTML and PHP. Any help provided would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Forever learning,

Jeff

Okay, one last ditch effort to bump this back to the top in hopes that someone might be able to help me. :D

Peace,

Jeff

I guess you need to go to the code where order total is calculated to see if free shipping applies, and exclude the category of your gift certificates while it's being calculated. Should not be a big problem if they are all in the same cat which doesn't have anything else but gift certs.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived