• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Standard osCommerce Pictures

WatchPart

Hello.

Recently i have just installed osCommerce and i think it's fantastic. I have been searching for help with the standard images

table_background_default.gif

header_account.gif

and so on how do i remove these?

I have been looking can anybody help?

Ok still none the wiser.....

I will keep searching

The easiest way to find these images is to open your web site. Open whatever page you want to delete an image from. In the adress bar of your browser you will seee the page you are on. This is the page that includes the image. its the page in your catalog file, not the languages file.

Right click on the image you want to remove, and you should be able to see the name of the image. Write down, remember or copy this name.

Open the relevant page in whatever you edit your files in. Do a search for the name of the image. If it finds the name you are onto a winner. The whole section of text will look something like this ""><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_history.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?>". Delete this section of text, or comment it out with // between the echo and tep.

I hope i have got this right. If not someone will be along to tell me so.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

hello again i have managed to remove 1 images now i just need to remove shopping cart image my account any ideas

In your catalog/includes/header file look for the following code.

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>

I am not sure, but i think you can delete this whole block of code to remove the three little images.

I forgot to mention in my last post that the page is broken down into 5 sections. The obvious two are column left and right. Index covers the middle section, and the top and bottom are controlled by header and footer respectively. Header includes the nav bar and everything above, whilst footer controls everything including the lower nav bar.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived