• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Main page

maxrenn

Hi,

I've been trying to edit the first page of my site for days now, I've managed to delete most of the default writing on there but I can't do anymore. I've tried downloading the index.php file but it doesn't download properly, it's always a corrupt file. I'm a complete novice when it comes to website building, I don't know anything about HTML or PHP or anything like that. I just need to do this one thing and I can actually get started on adding products to my site.

I need idiot proof instructions on how to do this as everytime I try to alter the main page I get a parse error?

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi,

I've been trying to edit the first page of my site for days now, I've managed to delete most of the default writing on there but I can't do anymore. I've tried downloading the index.php file but it doesn't download properly, it's always a corrupt file. I'm a complete novice when it comes to website building, I don't know anything about HTML or PHP or anything like that. I just need to do this one thing and I can actually get started on adding products to my site.

I need idiot proof instructions on how to do this as everytime I try to alter the main page I get a parse error?

Any help is much appreciated.

If you want to just alter the text on the main page you need to open the index.php file in your languages folder. You will see near the beginning the following text

define('TEXT_MAIN', ' Delete everything from thr last ' to the following piece of code '); . If you download your ammended file you should have remoced all the tect on the main page.

Add your new text in the space you removed the old text from.

'TEXT_MAIN', ' YOUR NEW TEXT GOES HERE'); Remember to add page breaks by adding <br> paragraphs by adding <p> and if you need to type something like it's it should be written as it\'s.

All other files you need to alter are in this language folder ie pricacy, shipping,conditions and more.

Hope this helps you and good luck.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived