• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS Simple Template System & Header Tags

josh1r

Hi. I recently created a new OSC site and was using Dynamic Product Meta

Tags version 2.5 and everything was fine.

I then added a 7dana template to my site in which they use the STS template system.

It's my understanding that the dynamic product meta tags that i was using will no longer work (and it doesn't), but I should be able to use the Header Tags Controller.

My question is, do I have to do a full install of the Header tags controller, or, per the STS readme, it says: This contribution also allows you to use WebMakers.com's

Header Tag Controller contribution without having to modify every file on

the system. Just copy the Header Tag Controller's include files into place

and STS will automatically add them to all pages without having to modify

every PHP script in the /catalog/ directory.

Thanks!

It means exactly what it says :thumbsup:

Just follow the instructions and, unless your old contrib mucks it up somehow it will "just work." Poke around for the version of Header Tags with the fill_tags.php file in it if you want to autopopulate your fields.

Good luck!

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

That's half true. Those instructions were written many version of Header Tags ago. There has been a lot added that you need to install (the whole admin section for example). The good news is that it does work with STS. Just be sure you read the notes about STS in the Install_Catalog.txt file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

That's half true. Those instructions were written many version of Header Tags ago. There has been a lot added that you need to install (the whole admin section for example). The good news is that it does work with STS. Just be sure you read the notes about STS in the Install_Catalog.txt file.

Jack

True true. You do have to mod the admin but on the catalog side the STS instructions are plain.

Sorry to lead you astray there.

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

True true. You do have to mod the admin but on the catalog side the STS instructions are plain.

Sorry to lead you astray there.

Iggy

We must have posted at the same time. My half-true statement was for the OP.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The code in STS for Header Tags is just for the title of the page. In the index.php file, there are other changes needed for the display of cateogies. You will need to install those changes as well as the stylesheet ones.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The code in STS for Header Tags is just for the title of the page. In the index.php file, there are other changes needed for the display of cateogies. You will need to install those changes as well as the stylesheet ones.

Jack

Sweet thats waht ive done exept im having some massive massive issues, check out www.norpacfish.com and you will see what im talking about..

thanks!

~William