• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Cards Module

I found some documentation showing how to select which credit cards are accepted, but I can't actually find this menu on my system. Was I looking at documentation for an older version or something? Can someone please tell me how to select which cards I want to accept?

No cards and all cards are accepted using the standard cc module...

To accept credit card payments you need to get a merchant account, which cards are supported is then determined by your merchant account.

And usually if you want to accept payment over the web you should also get an payment gateway provider.

Which merchant account and payment gateway provider too choose is more or less country spesific so i have not listed any here.

The rule of the thumb is that if you process for more than 1000 US a month thats the way to go.

If you sell for less or if you have diffeculty in obtaining a merchant account, the easies way to accept credit card is to use a 3 party payment provider like paypal, 2checkout, stormpay, worldpay and there are also several more available providers out there.

Edited by Jumping Rabbit

No cards and all cards are accepted using the standard cc module...

To accept credit card payments you need to get a merchant account, which cards are supported is then determined by your merchant account.

And usually if you want to accept payment over the web you should also get  an payment gateway provider.

Which merchant account and payment gateway provider too choose is more or less  country spesific so i have not listed any here.

The rule of the thumb is that if you process for more than 1000 US a month thats the way to go.

If you sell for less or if you have diffeculty in obtaining a merchant account, the easies way to accept credit card is to use a 3 party payment provider like paypal, 2checkout, stormpay, worldpay and there are also several more available providers out there.

what or how is the best way to use verisign with oscommerce?

is there a module i need to install to use verisign?

what or how is the best way to use verisign with oscommerce?

is there a module i need to install to use verisign?

Depending on if you have signed up for Verisign Payflow pro or Payflow link , you can find the appropriate modules in the contribution section.

Well, we are actually running the CC by hand so a gateway is not necessary. I have found a replacement cc mod but I have a small problem with it. It encrypts the cc info but doesn't decrypt it. It's supposed to decrypt on the fly but it isn't working correctly. the mod is the CC CVV plus Encryption plus Blacklisting. I have been all over these forums and other people have had this problem but no solution has been posted that I can find. I'm sure I missed something critical but I can't find it.

Scott

Depending on if you have signed up for Verisign Payflow pro or Payflow link , you can find the appropriate modules in the contribution section.

Well, we are actually running the CC by hand so a gateway is not necessary.  I have found a replacement cc mod but I have a small problem with it.  It encrypts the cc info but doesn't decrypt it.  It's supposed to decrypt on the fly but it isn't working correctly.  the mod is the CC CVV plus Encryption plus Blacklisting.  I have been all over these forums and other people have had this problem but no solution has been posted that I can find.  I'm sure I missed something critical but I can't find it.

Scott

The original mod contains instructions about the decrypting function, i have testet it and it works.