• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MySQL Error in Admin Panel

Clownpaint

Ok, I've finally my shop online after the big fuss with global variables (my host doesn't allow them, however after attempting to install the work around I have opted to turn them on for a fantastico installation).

But.. I'm getting these errors when I am in the admin panel. I cannot view the most popular products, and I cannot see who has ordered what.

Best Viewed Products 

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_viewed, l.name from products p, products_description pd, languages l where p.products_id = pd.products_id and l.languages_id = pd.language_id order by pd.products_viewed DESC limit -20, 20

I get almost identical errors (only with slightly different syntax) for "Best Products Purchased", "Best Customer Orders-Total", and "Orders" (which shows the orders an individual customer has made.)

I am not sure if this is a problem with the MySQL installation or the OSCommerce shop, so I will post it on both this forum and my hosts.

I just have to say that I had exactly the same error with the installation I did myself and now the Fantastico installation.

Archived