• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Category Descriptions gone...

akmac

I installed the category descriptions contribution a month or so ago, and was very pleased with it. Since then, I've added a few contributions, like a who's online enhancement, members discount, and most notably (I think?) multiple products manager.

I noticed about 10 minutes ago, that my category descriptions are not appearing. Not sure when they stopped, or why, and I can;'t find the problem because no error is showing! I've looked in the files that modify categories.php, but can't find the conflict. Would anyone who knows a bit of php be able to help me troubleshoot this?

I think the conflict is between the category descriptions mod and the multiple products manager contrib, but this is only an assumption based on the fact that the latter is the only contrib I've added that changes categories.php.

Could the issue be related to another file?

Help... :'(

Quidquid latine dictum sit, profundum viditur.

I installed the category descriptions contribution a month or so ago, and was very pleased with it.  Since then, I've added a few contributions, like a who's online enhancement, members discount, and most notably (I think?) multiple products manager.

I noticed about 10 minutes ago, that my category descriptions are not appearing.  Not sure when they stopped, or why, and I can;'t find the problem because no error is showing!  I've looked in the files that modify categories.php, but can't find the conflict.  Would anyone who knows a bit of php be able to help me troubleshoot this?

I think the conflict is between the category descriptions mod and the multiple products manager contrib, but this is only an assumption based on the fact that the latter is the only contrib I've added that changes categories.php.

Could the issue be related to another file?

Help... :'(

I'm only using categories description, so maybe not the best one to help you, but just as a start:

check in phpmyadmin if the field for description is still there in categories.

check in your admin area if you enter a new description

check in index.php if descrption is still called via php

If all this is ok, --- well maybe a look at your files would help.

:-)

Monika

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

I'm only using categories description, so maybe not the best one to help you, but just as a start:

check in phpmyadmin if the field for description is still there in categories.

check in your admin area if you enter a new description

check in index.php if descrption is still called via php

If all this is ok, --- well maybe a look at your files would help.

Monika

Thanks Monika!

The page is still there for me to enter the descriptions, and the text for the descriptions is still there in admin. In phpmyadmin, the field is still there. Where do I look in index.php?

Also noticed that it is no longer displaying the category title either...

What's most annoying, is that it's taken this long for me to notice!

Also noticed that it is no longer displaying the category title either... 

What's most annoying, is that it's taken this long for me to notice!

well ugh you must be rather mad! I know I would!

post your index.php here ....

Monika

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Ok thanks!

My apologies-it's huge:

<?php
/*
 $Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:37:59 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php
 $category_depth = 'top';
 if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {
   $categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
   $cateqories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);
   if ($cateqories_products['total'] > 0) {
     $category_depth = 'products'; // display products
   } else {
     $category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
     $category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);
     if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {
       $category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories
     } else {
       $category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message
     }
   }
 }

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<?php
// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0
// Replaced by header_tags.php
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?> 
 <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<?php
}
// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0
?>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3">
 <tr>
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<?php
 if ($category_depth == 'nested') {
   $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
   $category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
?>
   <td width="100%" valign="top">
  	 <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
    	 <td>
       <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
      	 <tr>
         <td>
        	 <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
           <tr><?php
   if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {
// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category
     $category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);
     for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {
       $categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
       $categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
       if ($categories['total'] < 1) {
         // do nothing, go through the loop
       } else {
         $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
         break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in
       }
     }
   } else {
     $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
   }

$number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);

$rows = 0;
   while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
     $rows++;
     $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
     $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
     echo '                <td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
     if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
       echo '              </tr>' . "\n";
       echo '              <tr>' . "\n";
     }
   }

// needed for the new products module shown below
   $new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;
?></tr>
        	 </table>
         </td>
      	 </tr>
      	 <tr>
         <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
      	 </tr>
       </table>
    	 </td>
     </tr>
  	 </table>
   </td>
<?php
 } elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
// create column list
   $define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW' => PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW);

asort($define_list);

$column_list = array();
   reset($define_list);
   while (list($key, $value) = each($define_list)) {
     if ($value > 0) $column_list[] = $key;
   }

$select_column_list = '';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
     switch ($column_list[$i]) {
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
         $select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
         $select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, ';
         break;
     }
   }

// show the products of a specified manufacturer
   if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only a specific category
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";
     } else {
// We show them all
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";
     }
   } else {
// show the products in a given categorie
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only specific catgeory
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
     } else {
// We show them all
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
     }
   }

if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!ereg('[1-8][ad]', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {
       if ($column_list[$i] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME') {
         $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = $i+1 . 'a';
         $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";
         break;
       }
     }
   } else {
     $sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1);
     $sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1);
     $listing_sql .= ' order by ';
     switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) {
         $listing_sql .= "p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
         $listing_sql .= "pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');
         break;
         $listing_sql .= "m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
         $listing_sql .= "p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
         $listing_sql .= "pd.products_name";
         break;
         $listing_sql .= "p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
         $listing_sql .= "final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
     }
   }
?>
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php

// hacked to display current category name in main content area! Nik

echo HEADING_TITLE . '\'' . $tree[$parent_category_id]['name'] . $tree[$current_category_id]['name'] . '\'';

?></td>
<?php
// optional Product List Filter
   if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER > 0) {
       $filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name";
     } else {
       $filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name";
     }
     $filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);
     if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) {
       echo '            <td align="center" class="main">' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';
         echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']);
         $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES));
       } else {
         echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath);
         $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS));
       }
       echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']);
       while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) {
         $options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']);
       }
       echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');
       echo '</form></td>' . "\n";
     }
   }

// Get the right image for the top-right
   $image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif';
     $image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
     $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
     $image = $image['manufacturers_image'];
   } elseif ($current_category_id) {
     $image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
     $image = $image['categories_image'];
   }
?>
           <td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING_COL); ?></td>
     </tr>
   </table></td>
<?php
 } else { // default page
?>
   <td width="100%" valign="top">
     <tr>
    	 <td>
      	 <tr>
         <td class="main"><?php include('index_center.html'); ?></td>
      	 </tr>
      	 <tr>
      	 </tr>
      	 <tr>
         <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
      	 </tr>
      	 <?php
   include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);
?>
       </table>
    	 </td>
     </tr>
  	 </table>
   </td>
<?php
 }
?>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
   <td width="<?php echo RIGHT_BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo RIGHT_BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //--><br>
</body>
</html>

<?php 

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

ok here is mine ... in fact, you lost the query and code for category description here. Look what I have from line 267 on ... I hope this code detangles when copied back to an editor. If not let me know I'll email it to you.

Monika

<?php
/*
 $Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:37:59 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php
 $category_depth = 'top';
 if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {
   $categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
   $cateqories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);
   if ($cateqories_products['total'] > 0) {
     $category_depth = 'products'; // display products
   } else {
     $category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
     $category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);
     if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {
       $category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories
     } else {
       $category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message
     }
   }
 }

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags_show.php'); ?>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
 window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=500,height=500,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')
}
//--></script>
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
 <tr>
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
<!-- body_text //-->
<?php
 if ($category_depth == 'nested') {
   $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, cd.categories_heading_title, cd.categories_description, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
?>
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<!-- title //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'title_index_category.php'); ?>
<!-- title_eof //-->

<?php 
if ( (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'true') && (tep_not_null($category['categories_description'])) ) { ?>
	 <tr>
   <td align="left" class="main"><?php echo $category['categories_description']; ?></td>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
   <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_lightgreen.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
<?php 
} 
?>
     <tr>
   <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_SUBCATEGORIES; ?></td>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
     <tr>
         <tr>
<?php
   if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {
// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category
     $category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);
     for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {
       $categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
       $categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
       if ($categories['total'] < 1) {
         // do nothing, go through the loop
       } else {
         $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
         break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in
       }
     }
   } else {
     $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
   }

$number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);

$rows = 0;
   while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
     $rows++;
     $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
     $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';

// Auto Sort Mod Start ------
    if (PRODUCT_LIST_AUTOSORT == 'True') {
      // Add the Sort criteria to the URL
      $sortcol = PRODUCT_LIST_AUTOSORT_COL;
      if (PRODUCT_LIST_AUTOSORT_DIR == 'Ascending') {
        $autosort = '&page=1&sort=' . $sortcol . "a";
      } else {
        $autosort = '&page=1&sort=' . $sortcol . "d";
      }

echo '                <td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . $autosort . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'thumbs/' . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";

} else {
         echo '                <td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'thumbs/' . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
    }

//echo '                <td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'thumbs/' . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";

// Auto Sort Mod End -----------

if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
       echo '              </tr>' . "\n";
       echo '              <tr>' . "\n";
     }
   }

// needed for the new products module shown below
   $new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;
?>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
   </table></td>
<?php
 } elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
// create column list
   $define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW' => PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW);

asort($define_list);

$column_list = array();
   reset($define_list);
   while (list($key, $value) = each($define_list)) {
     if ($value > 0) $column_list[] = $key;
   }

$select_column_list = '';

switch ($column_list[$i]) {
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, ';
         break;
         $select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name, ';
         break;
         $select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name, ';
         break;
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity, ';
         break;
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, ';
         break;
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, ';
         break;
     }
   }

// show the products of a specified manufacturer
// We are asked to show only a specific category
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";
     } else {
// We show them all
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";
     }
   } else {
// show the products in a given categorie
// We are asked to show only specific catgeory
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
     } else {
// We show them all
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
     }
   }

if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!ereg('[1-8][ad]', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {
       if ($column_list[$i] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME') {
         $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = $i+1 . 'a';
         $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";
         break;
       }
     }
   } else {
     $sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1);
     $sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1);
     $listing_sql .= ' order by ';
     switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) {
         $listing_sql .= "p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
         $listing_sql .= "pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');
         break;
         $listing_sql .= "m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
         $listing_sql .= "p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
         $listing_sql .= "pd.products_name";
         break;
         $listing_sql .= "p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
         $listing_sql .= "final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
     }
   }
   // Get the category name and description
   $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, cd.categories_heading_title, cd.categories_description, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . $current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . $current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");
?>

<!-- title //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'title_index_category.php'); ?>
<!-- title_eof //-->

<?php 
if ( (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'true') && (tep_not_null($category['categories_description'])) ) { ?>
	 <tr>
   <td align="left" class="main"><?php echo $category['categories_description']; ?></td>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
   <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_lightgreen.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
<?php 
} 
?>
     <tr>
   <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_ARTICLEOVERVIEW; ?></td>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
     <tr>
   <td align="right" class="smallText">
<?php
$filter_id = $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'];
$cID = $HTTP_GET_VARS['cPath'];
$mID = $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'];

if ($filter_id == '') {
?>

<?php
 if ($cID != '') {

$startID_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['cPath'] . "' order by p.products_id ASC limit 1");
 $startID = tep_db_fetch_array($startID_query);

if ($startID['products_id'] != '') {
?>

document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE_CATEGORIES, 'cID=' . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['cPath'] . '&pID=' . $startID['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image_button('button_slideshow.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?>');
     //--></script>
     <noscript> </noscript>
<?php
	 } else {
	 echo ' ';
	 }
 } else {

$startID_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by p.products_id ASC limit 1");

?>

document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE_MANUFACTURERS, 'mID=' . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . '&pID=' . $startID['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image_button('button_slideshow.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?>');
     //--></script>
     <noscript> </noscript>
<?php
	 } else {
	 echo ' ';
	 }
 }
?>

<?php
} else {
 if ($cID == '') {
	 $cID = $filter_id;
 }

if ($mID == '') {
	 $mID = $filter_id;
 }

$startID_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . $cID . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . $mID . "' order by p.products_id ASC limit 1");

?>

document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE_FILTER, 'mID=' . $mID . '&cID=' . $cID . '&pID=' . $startID['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image_button('button_slideshow.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?>');
     //--></script>
     <noscript> </noscript>

<?php
 } else {
 echo ' ';
 }
}
?>
  	 </td>
   </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
     <tr>
         <tr>
<?php
// optional Product List Filter
   if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER > 0) {
       $filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name";
     } else {
       $filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name";
     }
     $filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);
     if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) {
       echo '            <td align="left" class="fieldKey" width="120">' . TEXT_DISPLAY . '</td><td align="right" width="300">' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get');
         echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']);
         $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES));
       } else {
         echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath);
         $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS));
       }
       echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']);
       while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) {
         $options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']);
       }
       echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), ' onchange="this.form.submit()" style="width: 100%"');
       echo '</form></td>' . "\n";
     }
   }

// Get the right image for the top-right
   $image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif';
     $image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
     $image = $image['manufacturers_image'];
   } elseif ($current_category_id) {
     $image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
     $image = $image['categories_image'];
   }
?>
           <!--
           <td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
           -->
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?></td>
     </tr>
   </table></td>
<?php
 } else { // default page
?>

<!-- title //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'title.php'); ?>
<!-- title_eof //-->

<tr>
   <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN1; ?></td>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>

<?php if (CATEGORIES_BLOCK=="true") { 
?>
	 <tr>
   <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_CATEGORIES); ?></td>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
<?php 
} 
?>
     <tr>
   <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN2; ?></td>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
   </table></td>
<?php
 }
?>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Monika

you need this part ... the select

// Get the category name and description
  $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, cd.categories_heading_title, cd.categories_description, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . $current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . $current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");

and this part of the code below its:

<?php 
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
<?php 
} 
?>

then for the title, I have this:

<?php echo $breadcrumb->last(); ?>

HTH

Monika

Monika

Just killed my index page for a few seconds. I better take a look at this with fresh eyes tomorrow. My biggest question at this point is how I lost it to begin with...

Thanks for your help Monika, I'll hit it again tomorrow and post my findings. Monkeying with it now will just doink it further I'm sure.

Just killed my index page for a few seconds.  I better take a look at this with fresh eyes tomorrow.  My biggest question at this point is how I lost it to begin with...

Thanks for your help Monika, I'll hit it again tomorrow and post my findings.  Monkeying with it now will just doink it further I'm sure.

lol I have no clue how you have lost it!!!

If you don't get it to work tomorrow, give me a holler I'll go and change your code myself ... I hope you always do backups!

Monika

Monika

lol I have no clue how you have lost it!!!

Yeah, that question was meant for me =-"

Ok, so now the category descriptions are back. Whew. Thank you VERY much for your help! My only issue now is that when I navigate down in the categories to where the products are actually listed, I'm getting a heading title of: "Items in" Instead of "Items in Gold Nugget Jewelry-Men's Rings.

I installed a mod for this a long time ago, and had it working, but apparently when I blacked out and deleted random code from my index page, I deleted this code as well ;-)

My question now is, which

php 
              if ( (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'true') && (tep_not_null($category['categories_heading_title'])) ) {
                echo $category['categories_heading_title'];
              } else {
                echo HEADING_TITLE;
              }

do I edit? I'm assuming the second one, as there are two of them in my index.php. The code I need to add to it is

echo HEADING_TITLE . '\'' . $tree[$parent_category_id]['name'] . $tree[$current_category_id]['name'] . '\'';

Can I just do it like this?

php 
              if ( (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'true') && (tep_not_null($category['categories_heading_title'])) ) {
                echo $category['categories_heading_title'];
              } else {
              }

Or do I have some odd ' or } out of place that will give all my online users a nasty parse error...

glad you have the descriptions back :-))

as for your title code, it looks ok to me. Make a backup before you change stuff!

good luck

Monika

Monika

Ok, I bit the bullet and changed the code that I hhacked above-it worked! But, it's only listing the current category, and not the parent category....? Do I need to add something more than:

???

How would one code it to display the parent category, and then the current category?

Ok, I bit the bullet and changed the code that I hhacked above-it worked!  But, it's only listing the current category, and not the parent category....?  Do I need to add something more than:

???

How would one code it to display the parent category, and then the current category?

what about trying this:

echo HEADING_TITLE . '\'' . $breadcrumb->last(3) . $breadcrumb->last(2) . '\'';

I use the $breadcrumb->last(2) to show my current category ... so hopefully this will work.

Monika

Monika

what about trying this:

echo HEADING_TITLE . '\'' . $breadcrumb->last(3) . $breadcrumb->last(2) . '\'';

I use the $breadcrumb->last(2) to show my current category ... so hopefully this will work.

Monika

Hmmm....

That's just showing the HEADING_TITLE for me, no breadcrumb. Must be conflicting with something else...

Archived