• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

shipping will be included?

rhinozzz

hello all

ive been searching the forums and have found lots of valuable information thanks to all the helpful people on the forum.

the problem i am having is that i am using the flat shipping module and instead of setting a price i just have it left to $0.00. i also have changed catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/flat.php

<?php/*  $Id: flat.php,v 1.5 2002/11/19 01:48:08 dgw_ Exp $  osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions  http://www.oscommerce.com  Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce  Released under the GNU General Public License*/
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_TITLE', 'Shipping and handling will be included.<br> We have a unique assortment of gifts and cannot calculate shipping solely on weight or size.<br> We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but our items range from glass encased candles to pictures which will need extra packaging to ensure their safe arrival(ex. bubble wrap). We do not price gouge on handling fees; we take your item to our local post office or U.P.S and charge you what they charge us to ship it.<br>We will send you a confirmation E-mail with the total cost of items plus the shipping and handling fees.');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', 'Our shipping method.');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_WAY', 'Shipping and handling will be included.');?>

First off i am not sure what 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_DESCRIPTION' is for, i am figuring it is for when i have multiple shipping options to use this to describe the shipping method if i have multiple shipping options.(not important for now)

The problem i am having is that when a customer gets to the checkout confirmation page it looks like this:

Sub-Total: $95.00

Shipping and handling will be included.

We have a unique assortment of gifts and cannot calculate shipping solely on weight or size.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but our items range from glass encased candles to pictures which will need extra packaging to ensure their safe arrival(ex. bubble wrap). We do not price gouge on handling fees; we take your item to our local post office or U.P.S and charge you what they charge us to ship it.

We will send you a confirmation E-mail with the total cost of items plus the shipping and handling fees. (Shipping and handling will be included): $0.00

Total: $95.00

Sorry i cant get this to look right in the post

The problem is i only want the text shipping and handling will be included:

i have looked through most of the files i feel are used to do this( i am figuring it is in ot_shipping.php), but i cannot figure it out.

i understand very little about php but i have had experience with other program languages and understand how one file will use another file to get information.

i am guessing that when it puts in the order total on the order confirmation page somewhere it must reference

MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_TITLE . '('. MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_WAY . ')'

I spent all day yesterday searching the forums for an answer with no success.

if anyone knows where this is at please let me know.

thanks in advance

ryan