• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce without payments?

Substance Media

Hello All,

I've got a weird question to ask. I'm almost done setting up a site for a client and he calls me last night and says that he doesn't want to process the CC online but would rather the CC info be sent to him and he would process them manually on his POS system.

He figures this would be cheaper for him in the beginining. He is adamant about doing this.

I looked everywhere but I can't figure out how one would do something like that.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Camile Gauthier

Substance Media

Hello All,

I've got a weird question to ask. I'm almost done setting up a site for a client and he calls me last night and says that he doesn't want to process the CC online but would rather the CC info be sent to him and he would process them manually on his POS system.

He figures this would be cheaper for him in the beginining. He is adamant about doing this.

I looked everywhere but I can't figure out how one would do something like that.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Camile Gauthier

Substance Media

I replied on this very topic a couple of days ago, does noone use search anymore?

anyway,

Have osCommerce capture the CC details, it can be set to email the middle digits of the card to the store owner.

When he receives the email he can log into the admin section retrieve the Order info which contains the rest of the card details and punch it through his POS system.

No additional cost required, no need for payment gateways, no need for additional business processes to get the CC info to him. It is secure as he will be using SSL on his site.

How did he intend to get the CC info without this, email? I wouldnt send CC details through unencrypted email.

If I am a customer I want one secure place to enter my details and complete the transaction, not multiple contact process methods just to purchase something.

I think that standard generic CC module works like that. For security, it puts half the numbers inthe database, and the other half in an email to the store owner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

I could be wrong but I think the credit card module that comes with stock osc just splits the credit card information between the database/admin area and an email that gets sent to the store owner who can then get the info and enter it into their system manually.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I replied on this very topic a couple of days ago, does noone use search anymore?

Sorry, I must of not used the right terms in the search.

Have osCommerce capture the CC details, it can be set to email the middle digits of the card to the store owner.

When you say "it can be set" where do I find this setting?

How did he intend to get the CC info without this, email? I wouldnt send CC details through unencrypted email.

He left that for me to figure out. Hence why I'm asking.

Alright, so it seems like I'm not a smart as I once thought I was. ;)

Thanks for your assistance... I'll try what you all said.

Install the CC payment module.

In Admin|Payment Modules|Credit/Debit Card

there is an option to enter an email address to send the split CC number details

anyway,

When he receives the email he can log into the admin section retrieve the Order info which contains the rest of the card details and punch it through his POS system.

No additional cost required, no need for payment gateways, no need for additional business processes to get the CC info to him.  It is secure as he will be using SSL on his site.

If I am a customer I want one secure place to enter my details and complete the transaction, not multiple contact process methods just to purchase something.

I am constructing a site that is a conglomerate of many stores/vendors, but i am using only one shopping cart. I would like to use a method similar to the one described here but i would rather not give admin rights to each vendor. Is there a way that i can pull this off... have each vendor process their own credit card transactions?

I am constructing a site that is a conglomerate of many stores/vendors, but i am using only one shopping cart. I would like to use a method similar to the one described here but i would rather not give admin rights to each vendor.  Is there a way that i can pull this off... have each vendor process their own credit card transactions?

never mind i think i found the answer in the tipsNtricks section.

Archived