• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contrib Installer

rinon

Hi

You can download new version of Contrib Installer 2.0.3 from sourceforge.net

Use http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=171787.

Code was rewrited, design changed and more.

(Read changelog.txt)

This is not stable version. Test and post bug reports.

God bless you.

===============================

Never give up! Never give up! Never give up!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

You can download new version of Contrib Installer 2.0.3 from sourceforge.net

Use http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=171787.

Code was rewrited, design changed and more.

(Read changelog.txt)

This is not stable version. Test and post bug reports.

God bless you.

Thanks Vlad! Much easier to download!

Uploaded and clicked Install and got error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /home/eat/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/ci_tag.class.php on line 426

Environment Details:

Server OS: Linux 2.4.21-37.ELsmp

Database: MySQL 4.1.21-standard

HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.36 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_jk/1.2.14 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.27 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b

PHP Version: 4.4.2 (Zend: 1.3.0)

I'm working with version 1.0.16 for the moment. Assuming that the XML format will be the same for future versions so shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Good news - I've created a CIP Builder and created a CIP of it.

CIP Builder automatically creates the install.xml file based on a standard way of harvesting contrib data that can be automatically created using winmerge to create patch / diff data (google it). That and a little bit of MS Word Find and Replace.

Given the number of contribs I need to get working together I've put a lot of info together on the standard way of creating a CIP from contribs and the tools to use to speed the process up and get it right

I work in a windows XP environment though so will have to leave it to the community to mod for Linux..

Putting the doco together and will upload shortly. The CIP has a couple of bugs that I need help with :)

(for instance I think there's issues with line breaks and find code in 1.0.16 with Addcode and I'm pulling my hair out ..)

Update soon..

HL

:angry: CIP Builder automatically creates the install.xml file based on a standard way of harvesting contrib data that can be automatically created using winmerge to create patch / diff data (google it). That and a little bit of MS Word Find and Replace.

Hi

I was planned to do a CIP creator.

Your work is very interesting for me.

How it works?

Is it PHP-script or MS Word Macros?

Hi There,

I just installed your contribution and dont think it is working right here's a screen shot http://akkustoms.ca/images/screenshot.JPG

not sure what the orange on the right is and when I try to do any thing it brings me back to this page

http://akkustoms.ca/images/screenshot2.JPG

Need help please

Due to Contrib Installer installation you got an errors and CI was not installed.

You have a messages about errors.

You need to fix it and do install again.

This is why you was redirected on initial page (with "+Install").

Check CVS for new code or download from cip.sourceforge.net.

Hi Vlad

First of all: its a really GREAT contribution, i like it very much.

I tried already a little bit more with your contribution.

Here are the problems, when using it. (I installed on several systems, then uninstalled, then installed again and so on for testing purposes)

The version i used, was version 1.0.16

Why? this was the only one version, where i was able (i am not a coder) to deactivate the sql-dump, in 2.0.5 i was looking for functions of sqldump, but wasnt able to "read" the code.

Why this? The database on the shop was so big, that there was an execution error, so i couldnt install Contrib installer. As i removed the backup function, it worked.

Here the problems:

Any version (2.05 as well as 1.0.16) cannot deal with PHP-Version 4.4.4

This php-Version has a problem with the ending slash, when creating directories.

I tried this in 1.0.16 in file admin/includes/functions/contrib_installer_base.php

---------------------------------------------------------------

function recursive_chmod($path, $mod=0777) {

if (is_dir($path) && $path!='/') {

recursive_chmod(dirname($path));

//echo "chmod: ".$path." - ".$mod."<br>";

chmod($path, $mod);

}

}

function recursive_mkdir($path) {

if (!file_exists($path)) {

if (is_dir($path)) {

// HERE IS WHAT I INSERTED

while (substr($path, -1, 1) == '/')

$path = substr($path, 0, strlen($path)-1);

// INSERT END

recursive_permissions_check($path);

//if (!is_writeable($path)) chmod($path, 0777);

} else {

// HERE IS WHAT I INSERTED

while (substr(dirname($path), -1, 1) == '/')

$path = substr(dirname($path), 0, strlen(dirname($path)-1));

// INSERT END

recursive_mkdir(dirname($path));

//chmod(dirname($path), 0777);

if (!is_writeable(dirname($path))) error('(recursive_mkdir) '.WRITE_PERMISSINS_NEEDED_TEXT.dirname($path).'/');

if(!@mkdir($path, 0777)) error ('(recursive_mkdir) '.CANT_CREATE_DIR_TEXT.$path);

chmod($path, 0777);

}

}

}

-------------------------------------------

but with this i only got one step further.

It created the directory /contributions/

Then the next error came

I need write permission for: /home/.sites/69/site229/web/AAATEST5/admin/contributions/Contrib_Installer_1.0.16

The /Contrib_Installer_1.0.16 Directory was NOT created

So i created it by myself and got the next errors when executing already install.xml

(recursive_mkdir) Couldn't create directory: /home/.sites/69/site229/web/AAATEST5/admin/backups/Contrib_Installer_1.0.16/admin/

(So here again the errors with creating directories)

I will write next problem in a new thread

Ok, next problem is:

(I already wrote in your forum on http://cip.net.ua/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16 )

Everywhere in the files, where code has been replaced, there are little squares at the end of each line. I dont know where it comes from, i think from /n or /r which is making a break to the next line. I tried to find this in your contrib, but wasnt able.

I think, this is not such a big problem as i wrote in your forum, i tested this, it is not the reason, why contributions cannot be uninstalled.

Sometimes the uninstall doesnt work, contrib installer tells you, everything fine, but when you look in the log, there are errors, where text couldnt be found anymore.

I will be testing further now to tell you more malfunctions.

But i think, first of all you should make the problem with the ending slashes gone.

When you want to write me a mail, then write to stefan683 at gmx.at

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed the CI v2.0 on a clean osCommerce, and when I initalize the installation the next screen shows the installed contrib (Contrib Installer) to the left, but it has an orange area to the right of it that says:

File doesn't exist: /home/username/domains/thedomain.com/public_html/admin/includes/column_left.php
<add2end> #1

The column_left.php file is in the /includes/ folder.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix it?

Thanks.

"What I didn't know yesterday, I know today & will remember tomorrow"

(By Kwalker)

What do you see when you open up the tep_database-pr2.2-CVS.pdf file that came with your osCommerce download?

Also, there seems to be serious problems with newlinecodes. For example the following code which used to work with 1.0.15 installer:

<findreplace>

<file name="includes/functions/general.php" />

<find><![CDATA[ $country = tep_output_string_protected($address['country']);]]></find>

<replace type="php"><![CDATA[ $country = tep_output_string_protected($address['country']['title']);]]></replace>

<originallinenumbers start="453" end="453" />

</findreplace>

Won't find the line since the line isn't 453 anymore for some strange reason. This happens at least on Windows platform. Even if the file isn't changed (this is the first contrib installation after Contrib Installer and it fails), the newlines have disappeared from the original files.

When I removed Contrib Installer 2 through remove function it destroyed EVERYTHING from store database. Fortunately I was working with test site...

Please read carefully warning at the first page:

Choose a directory and press the Button.

Contrib Installer will install yourself.

CIP.NET.UA Advice:

While Contrib Installer installing all files and database tables will be backuped.

If you want restore your shop you should remove Contrib Installer and all files and database will be restored.

You will get a shop without any changes made after you have pressed button on this page.

My advice:

build you shop and then upload on server. Why change real shop? Is it safe? Is it smart?

If you want restore your shop you should remove Contrib Installer and all files and database will be restored.

You will get a shop without any changes made after you have pressed button on this page.

For some reason it didn't restore the original database, don't know what went wrong..

My advice:

build you shop and then upload on server. Why change real shop? Is it safe? Is it smart?

In large stores there may have come new orders, articles,reviews, FAQs or whatever information to the databases during the local "build", so then I would have to check the changes to the database line by line since I just can't copy the tables over the old ones.

BTW: These few problems aside, you have done great job with version 2. Thanks for that!

For some reason it didn't restore the original database, don't know what went wrong..

In large stores there may have come new orders, articles,reviews, FAQs or whatever information to the databases during the local "build", so then I would have to check the changes to the database line by line since I just can't copy the tables over the old ones.

BTW: These few problems aside, you have done great job with version 2. Thanks for that!

You know Contrib Installer created to build new shops.

So using CI for working shops is very unsafe and this could lead to demage.

Even if Contrib Installer works fine there are CIPs created by 3rd parts. They can be created with errors...

So

1. Backup

2. Test on local mashine before uploading on server.

P.S. Try Contrib Installer from CVS where bug with newlines was fixed by Imro.

check cip.net.ua for instructions how to get CI from CVS.

Can I get some assistance on post no#385?

Thanks

"What I didn't know yesterday, I know today & will remember tomorrow"

(By Kwalker)

What do you see when you open up the tep_database-pr2.2-CVS.pdf file that came with your osCommerce download?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just found this contribution - very cool! I am a little confused though. Will this work with any contribution or is there an installation file that needs to be created for the contribution prior to installing it with Contrib Installer? Are there any known contributions this does not work well with?

Hi, I just found this contribution - very cool! I am a little confused though. Will this work with any contribution or is there an installation file that needs to be created for the contribution prior to installing it with Contrib Installer? Are there any known contributions this does not work well with?

Hi!

Contrib Installer works with Contrib Installer Packages (CIP).

Check cip.net.ua for them.

Also try CIP_Builder to create new CIPs.

Vlad

Trying to install the CIP Builder and I am getting this error:

1146 - Table 'database.TABLE_CIP_DEPEND' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_CIP_DEPEND where cip_ident_req='CIP_Builder.cip' and cip_req_type=2

Am I supposed to manually create this database table. I didn't see anything about this in readme.txt and I couldn't find a sql file.

Also, the installer is always promting me to give permission for different files - it seems like only chmod 777 will work. Just want to make sure this is normal?

Thanks!

Hi!

Contrib Installer works with Contrib Installer Packages (CIP).

Check cip.net.ua for them.

Also try CIP_Builder to create new CIPs.

Vlad

• 2 weeks later...

Contrib Installer 2.0.6 Uploaded!

Changes since 2.0.5:

Fixed bug with empty lines which contain only whitespaces. This strings was removed by CI and this is wrong behaviour.

Fixed mistake in function name multi_serach() have became multi_search()

Fixed security bug: everybody could remove your CIP if admin's area has no password protection.

Added log system. By default this system is turned off. To switch on set a config parameter (Admin-> Configuration -> Contrib Installer-> Use Log System. Log file will be stored in Backups folder.

Changed class addadminmenu.

• 4 weeks later...

Have you ever used SugarCRM? The most famous open source CRM I think.

Its mod loader seems doesn't need any thing like install.xml.

I think this mod installer is a great idea, but why we have to modify every mod we need?

I am not a programmer, so this is my personal opinion.

Keep working on it, guys. Thank you in advance.

Have you ever used SugarCRM? The most famous open source CRM I think.

Its mod loader seems doesn't need any thing like install.xml.

I think this mod installer is a great idea, but why we have to modify every mod we need?

I am not a programmer, so this is my personal opinion.

Keep working on it, guys. Thank you in advance.

Yeah, I have used SugarCRM, the whole reason that it's mod installer is far easier than this one is that the mod installer for Sugar is part of the base package, so all the mods are made to work with this installer. If everyone would make their mods for osCommerce compatible with this Contrib Installer, then there would be no need for modifications ;) So basically until all the programmers making contribs decide to use this installer (which may or may not ever happen) the contribs will have to be "packaged" for the contrib installer.

To everyone else (Vlad, etc...): Hey, I'm not dead :) I just have had no time to work on this project..... at all..... :( Perhaps someday I'll be able to come back and work on it, I do have some ideas I'd like to implement. Thanks for keeping this project going and making it into a useful package.

- Rinon

To everyone else (Vlad, etc...): Hey, I'm not dead :) I just have had no time to work on this project..... at all..... :( Perhaps someday I'll be able to come back and work on it, I do have some ideas I'd like to implement. Thanks for keeping this project going and making it into a useful package.

- Rinon

Hi, Rinon!

Glad to hear from you!!!

Rinon started this contrib.

CI now a hugh project and I want to do a CIP Creator...

but I'm busy too...

:(

Ok. God bless you.