osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contrib Installer

rinon

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every CIP that I try to install seems to need write premissions to my root directory, I can't give CP those permissions even if I wanted to. Why has this changed and where might I find the code to fix this?

In 1.0.14 we use a check if this is a root folder?

Does Contrib Installer runs on Windows?

On linux I can't catch this bug.

===============================

Never give up! Never give up! Never give up!

Vlad,

once again for you.

In function addfile_permissions_check version 1.0.14 you use a new function recursive_permissions_check($path) (from contrib_installer_base.php).

This gives me unnnessecary errors!!!!! OK The server is LINUX too.

OK I want to add the file somefile.php to directory 'catalog'. The complete path to 'catalog' on my server is

/home/blabla/public_html/service/shop/catalog .

I got in permission check the following list of error

Need write permission to:

/home

/home/blabla

/home/blabla/public_html

/home/blabla/public_html/service

/home/blabla/public_html/service/shop

/home/blabla/public_html/service/shop/catalog

Actually write permission is needed only for /home/blabla/public_html/service/shop/catalog .

I swiched back to version 1.0.13 in function addfile_permissions_check in file permissions_check.php

To catch the bug change your permission of your home directory (I guess your osC installation is here) to chmod a-w /home.

Best regard

Stefan

Edited by Stefan Walter

Im getting a parse error. I tried to install .14 and .14a both with error. This install went past line 362 at which it stoped at first...

It gave the following error:

Parse error: parse error in xxxxspellekijn.nl\wwwroot\shop\admin\contrib_installer.php on line 682

After that I gave it another shot (I hate to give up) this time and first I got several pages filled with:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in xxxxspellekijn.nl\wwwroot\shop\admin\contrib_installer.php on line 566

ending with:

Parse error: parse error in xxxxspellekijn.nl\wwwroot\shop\admin\contrib_installer.php on line 566

Could wait for an answere and tried it again..

Parse error: parse error in xxxxspellekijn.nl\wwwroot\shop\admin\includes\functions\tag_actions.php on line 253

tried a new install after it:

parse errors on line 390

funny that I had two different error.... at diffrent times, with the same install. I tried

I upload all files again after each try... that it for me today... 2 hours of errors...

Hy,

Is contrib_installer_1.0.14a by Stefan Walter dated February 14, 2006 a stable and functional version ready for us to use?

I only fixed the bug in function addfile_permissions_check. It's a very,very small change. Vlad knows all the details. So please report any error or bug. And make more contribution installer packages. So it will be more stable in the future.

Tolster - to catch the bug please report more detailed what you did when (press button xxx after xxx) and where (name of php-file + line number) did an error occur. Thank you.

Stefan

Tolster - to catch the bug please report more detailed what you did when (press button xxx after xxx) and where (name of php-file + line number) did an error occur. Thank you.

Stefan

The only thing I've done was running the enclosed installer. Putting back the original files, and run the installer again, over and over.

Didn't do anything manualy...

recent posts on 2/13/06 suggest that contrib_installer_1.0.14a is being worked on and that contrib_installer_1.0.13 may be a more stable version. Have those mods on contrib_installer_1.0.14a been completed? what version should we install now? Plz advise

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

I tried to install Contrib Installer for the first time (MySQL 5, PHP5 and Win XP) on to fresh install of MS2

and got the following errors:

Warning: exec() [function.exec]: Unable to fork [/usr/bin/gzip c:/inetpub/wwwroot/basic_osc/catalog/admin/backups/Contrib_Installer_1.0.14.sql] in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\basic_osc\catalog\admin\includes\functions\backup.php on line 137

and

1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'configuration_id' at row 1

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('', 'Forum Link', 'TEXT_LINK_FORUM', 'http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=', 'Used for Contrib Installer',16, NULL, '2003-04-02 05:48:45', '2003-04-02 05:48:45', NULL, NULL)

[TEP STOP]

I think I understand the first one is pointed to missing gzip on windows, but what about the second one?

1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'configuration_id' at row 1

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('', 'Forum Link', 'TEXT_LINK_FORUM', 'http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=', 'Used for Contrib Installer',16, NULL, '2003-04-02 05:48:45', '2003-04-02 05:48:45', NULL, NULL)

[TEP STOP]

column 'configuration_id'

added in VALUES ('', 'Forum Link', ...

but this column have a NOT NULL property.

So we can't use '' for this column.

Hi,

I receive an error during the installation. I copy the files of the last version unzipped on the directory where I have the shop. I'm using the 1.0.14a version.

I write the adress *************admin/contrib_installer.php on my browser and I start the installation.

After the first message regarding the permession on admin cartel I have set them on 777.

Now I receive the messagge

I need write permission for: /var/www/vhosts/modding.it/httpdocs/ecommerce/admin/contributions/Contrib_Installer_1.0.14

The problem is that the cartel contributions is set on 777 permission, so everithing, but inside the cartel there is nothing, it is empty.

Is it right I need to have a file in this cartel?

Thanks

Once installed, how can I use this installer to install CIP's, I see no controls in admin to do this. This is what my admin looks like.

In catalog > admin > configuration > contribution Installer, I see:

admin_config_contrib_installer.gif

In catalog > admin > Tools > contribution Installer, I see:

admin_tools_contrib_installer.gif

Now I see the the above controls in admin, where are the controls to install for example All products 2.8 CIP as I extracted the All products 2.8 contrib to my catalog/admin/contributions/ and then what ?

This is how I installed Contrib Installer from the install package contrib_installer_1.0.14a dated Feb 14, 2006 by stefan walter. I followed these instructions:

Contrib Installer just install yourself.

You need only copy Contrib Installer's files to correct place and open in browser

http://<your site>/admin/contrib_installer.php

than you will see a field with path for contribs.

Change it If you want and press "Continue".

You will see install log page (with or without errors).

If all OK - press "Back" and use it.

I copied the following files from the package to corresponding web server location:

admin\includes\javascript\contrib_installer.js

admin\includes\functions\permissions_check.php

admin\includes\functions\install.xml

admin\includes\functions\contrib_installer_base.php

admin\includes\functions\conflicts_check.php

admin\includes\functions\xml_parser.php

admin\includes\functions\action_contrib.php

admin\includes\functions\tag_actions.php

admin\includes\functions\xml_check.php

admin\includes\functions\backup.php

admin\includes\functions\database_storage.php

admin\includes\functions\xml_parser_old.php

admin\includes\languages\english\images\buttons\button_admin_continue.gif

admin\includes\languages\english\images\buttons\button_admin_install_grey.gif

admin\includes\languages\english\images\buttons\button_admin_remove_grey.gif

admin\includes\languages\english\images\buttons\button_admin_install.gif

admin\includes\languages\english\images\buttons\button_admin_remove.gif

admin\includes\languages\english\contrib_installer.php

admin\includes\contrib_installer.css

admin\images\icon_minus.gif

admin\images\icon_plus.gif

admin\contrib_installer.php

I applied permission changes per package:

You need to give the web server (probably apache) permissions to alter your osCommerce files.

You can do this on a per-file basis (Contrib Installer will tell you when it needs permissions),

or you can give the web server write access to the entire catalog directory

(I STRONGLY recommend the first option).

For the first option, just use your ftp client to change the permissions of the files

that Contrib Installer asks for to give everyone (aka world or other) write access.

Then after Contrib Installer is finished, change the permissions back to their original values.

I do not mean to rush you but could any user of contribution installer advise if I got all the controls to add contributions or am I missing something? the package came with 5 buttons only button_admin_remove.gif is being used in admin > Tools > contrib installer

I do not see where the rest of the buttons show up in admin?

button_admin_continue.gif

button_admin_install.gif

button_admin_install_grey.gif

button_admin_remove.gif , this is the only one I see being used

button_admin_remove_grey.gif

To avail1now:

All right. All done right.

Buttons will appear wher it's needed.

Just upload CIP to .../admin/contributions/

CIP must be unzipped so you should get this structure (example):

.../admin/contributions/All Products 2.8/install.xml

.../admin/contributions/All Products 2.8/catalog/

.../admin/contributions/All Products 2.8/catalog/...

When Contrib Installer will find new CIP he will show them in list.

God bless you.

Hi,

I just installed the latest version and must be doing something wrong i guess..

I run the contrib_installer.php and leave the directory selected as default which is ..shop\admincontributions

I then click continue and get told write permissions are needed on ..\shop

I click back

I set permissions to 757 (tried 777 same) then click continue again

I get 'Couldn't copy file: install.xml'

All that happens is a directory is made in ..\shop called admincontributions and inside that folder is another folder called Contrinb_Installer_1.0.14

This folder is empty.

Thats all that happens...

Any clues as to what could be going wrong ?

I was hoping to use this contrib to install Article Manager

Thanks

Regards

Mark Brindle

Ah.. found the problem.

my DIR_FS_ADMIN in admin\includes\configure.php did not have a trailing '/' so even when i manually tried changing the contrib directory to say shop\admin\contributions the code wasnt really looking at that but still it works now.

Mark

Regards

Mark Brindle

Vlad,

Thanks for the reply. I needed someone to confirm before I went digging elsewhere. I guess it was already installed . I also installed All Products CIP. I noted that there were steps required beyond those of Admin > Contrib Installer Install. I expected that Contrib Installer would do all contribution installation steps. Is that not your expectation?

Specifically, I manually edited these

3. Place Links to the new page as you want. Look this:
  <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALL_PRODUCTS) . '">' . ALL_PRODUCTS_LINK . '</a>'; ?>

3.1 Make a link in the categoriesbox:	open catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php:
find around line 66:
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES);
change to:
$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALL_PRODUCTS) . '" class="headerNavigation">' . BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES . '</a><br>' );

Sorry to have to ask this here but I am unable to post in thread 156668 .

Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0 has had 5 submission updates since rinon has uploaded CIP package on 8/8/05

Are these later updates CIP qualified?

How do we know which one works with Contrib installer?

If later updates are not CIP qualified, are we compromising greater features if we install an older version that is CIP qualified?

How do I find other CIP's as this search is misleading ?

What forum do we post questions in regarding CIP's?

I can certainly appreciate why we should make CIP's but particularly when an existing CIP has been created.

Does the Contrib Installer work with Windows installations at all?

At the moment when I click on the Tools - Contrib Installer I get this before the list of contributions.

I have also copied Article_Manager-1.2b CIP into the contributions directory, but that is not shown on the list. That maybe related to the error below:

Warning: exec() [function.exec]: Unable to fork [unzip /yyy.zip -d /] in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\basic_osc\catalog\admin\contrib_installer.php on line 557

Could not open XML input from: /DRIVERS - No install.xml!!! /install.xml

But why is it even trying to open yyy.zip which is in c:\cm-31.zip and not below my catalog at all. And /DRIVERS seem to be a directory below the C: root too.

There seems to be some kind of newline problems with Contrib Installer (or Windows?).

I just started to create my own package and started with install.xml like this:

<contrib>
<description>
	<details contrib_ref="111111" forum_ref="11111111" contrib_type="Features" status="0" last_update="2005-06-10" />
	<comments></comments>
	<credits></credits>
</description>
	<findreplace>
	<file name="tell_a_friend.php" />
	<find><![CDATA[  $valid_product = false;]]></find>
	<replace><![CDATA[ $valid_product = true;]]></replace>
	<originallinenumbers start="20" end="20" />
</findreplace>
</contrib>

To repeat:

If you look at the tell_a_friend.php before running this, the line numbers seems ok. Please check the comments at least. Then install this "contribution". Open tell_a_friend.php again in your favorite editor. Seems like the empty lines from the comments have disappeared. Close the file. Remove the "contribution" with Contrib Installer. Open tell_a_friend.php. The code to find now seems to be on line 14.

This doesn't matter if everything goes well, but... Does somebody know why this is happening or is there anything I can do to help you with this? I'm very pleased that there is a contrib like this, so I'd be glad to help to make it even better.

To teniemi

I have check. Empty lines was removed as you wrote.

Contrib Installer modifies all files that must be changed:

1. Line breakes must be \r\n (like in Windows). This works in linux (\n) and Mac (\r).

Removing empty lines was not planned but I do not think it's a bug.

Thanks Vlad!

To teniemi

I have check. Empty lines was removed as you wrote.

Contrib Installer modifies all files that must be changed:

1. Line breakes must be \r\n (like in Windows). This works in linux (\n) and Mac (\r).

Removing empty lines was not planned but I do not think it's a bug.

I see it as kind of a bug at least on Windows, since the conflict checking gets broken after installing one contribution. At least the output line breaks should be like it's in the original files of oscommerce release, otherwise one has to run the remove empty lines through all files before making a package.

I tried to change the function not to replace \r\n in lines and it worked otherwise great, but then the find function (I think) won't work correctly. Would it be possible to detect if we are on a windows platform and act accordingly? Same goes also for the archiving utilities.

I'm willing to put some effort to this if you just push me to the right direction of what to do. Maybe check the line length before returning the "fixed" line?

Hi,

I receive an error during the installation. I copy the files of the last version unzipped on the directory where I have the shop. I'm using the 1.0.14a version.

I write the adress *************admin/contrib_installer.php on my browser and I start the installation.

After the first message regarding the permession on admin cartel I have set them on 777.

Now I receive the messagge

I need write permission for: /var/www/vhosts/modding.it/httpdocs/ecommerce/admin/contributions/Contrib_Installer_1.0.14

The problem is that the cartel contributions is set on 777 permission, so everithing, but inside the cartel there is nothing, it is empty.

Is it right I need to have a file in this cartel?

Thanks

Sorry if I post again. Does nobody can help me for this post?