• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contrib Installer

rinon

Hi,

I'm currently setting up a new shopping system and wanted to use the contrib installer ver 1.0.3 for the ease of installing additional modifications.

I have tried installing using two different machines:

1) SuSE 9.3

MySQL 4.4.1

Apache 2.0

2) Strato Setup:

Linux

MySQL 4.0.24

The contrib Installer worked to the point where other users also asked for a solution saying:

INIT_CONTRIB_INSTALLER_TEXT

INSTALLING_CONTRIBUTION_TEXT Contrib_Installer_1.0.3

FROM_INSTALL_FILE_TEXT/home/strato/www/al/www.altendorf-werkzeuge.de/htdocs/catalog/admin/contributions/Contrib_Installer_1.0.3/install.xml

AUTHOR_TEXT

Updated by Rinon for PHP5

COMMENTS_TEXT

osCommerce Forums: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40010

CHECKING_CONFIG_FILE_TEXT

INSTALL_XML_FILE_IS_VALID_TEXT

CHECKING_PERMISSIONS_TEXT

PERMISSIONS_IS_VALID_TEXT

CHECKING_CONFLICTS_TEXT

NO_CONFLICTS_TEXT

PHP_RUNTIME_MESSAGES_TEXT

Done.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1

);

[CONTRIB INSTALLER TEP STOP]

@Vlad or anyone else: Can you please help soon. I got a strong schedule for the end of this project and do not want do do all the mods by hand :(

Thanks in advance for any help :thumbsup:

BenB

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

need urgent help here please...

1.) when i click on contributions it show below error,

1146 - Table 'theshop_php.installed_contributions_type' doesn't exist

select type_name from installed_contributions_type order by type_name

[TEP STOP]

Hi,

I have a deadline so please forgive me.

I don't understand a problem because don't see a difference between "click on contributions" on Contrib Installer page

and "click on contributions" in leftside menu (Tools).

Now I have checked and found that this bug produce not Contrib Installer but other contrib Contribution_Control_Bookmark_MOD-0.1.4 which I included into Contrib Installer.

Rinin tells me not to do it but I leave them because I have done some changes in that contrib.

So now I commented some code and upload a new version 1.0.5. I hope that bug will not appear.

Also some changes and bugfixes was made.

Also please when U write a bug report tell as more info as posible. English is not my native language so if you tells even twice the same things but with different words it will help me to understand correctly. Thanks.

===============================

Never give up! Never give up! Never give up!

I have the version 1.0.5 merged if I contrib_installer.php call ask it for the listing for the Contributions. With far one I get the error message:

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10627 is not allowed to access /home/www/htdocs/XXXXXXXX.com/catalog/admin/contributions/Contrib_Installer_1.0.5 owned by uid 30 in /home/www/htdocs/XXXXXXXX.com/catalog/admin/contrib_installer.php on line 72

Couldn't copy file: install.xml

I set the permissions to 777 !!!

Edited by Seppel2000

OK, have it.

But now the error :

Couldn't find (addcode #1) in the file: /home/www/htdocs/XXXXXXXX.com/catalog/admin/includes/boxes/tools.php

] = array('text' =>

But in admin/tools.php ist ] = array('text' =>

What ist addcode #1 ???

OK, have it.

But now the error :

Couldn't find (addcode #1) in the file: /home/www/htdocs/XXXXXXXX.com/catalog/admin/includes/boxes/tools.php

] = array('text' =>

But in admin/tools.php ist ] = array('text' =>

What ist addcode #1 ???

Addcode #1 is the first tag named addcode in the xml file packed into your contribution.

] = array('text' =>

It can be several reasons for that:

1. This string really can't be find.

To check you could copy string from install.xml and search it in tools.php.

Be carefull with whitespaces and newline symbols.

2. Charset used is different in tools.php and install.xml.

In my work I use windows-1251 for osc-files with russian language and leasve an original in english.

For install.xml used windows-1251 but when Contrib Installer reads this file he use UTF-8.

To disallow this

- open /includes/functions/xml-parser.php

- find line 99: $xml_parser = xml_parser_create('UTF-8');//Vlad added this

- comment or delete this string

-uncomment string above or add new: $xml_parser = xml_parser_create();

3. You use operating system (OS) which is not Linux. May be Windows or MacOS...

Unix and Windows have different linebreak symbols. Contrib Installer (CI) tries to

escape this problem. How? Before make any changes with file CI replace all Unix-linebreakes (\n) with

Windows-linebreak (\r\n) and also do the same with string which must be found. After that CI start searching.

What linebreackes Mac uses I don't know.

I did not test the CI.1.0.5 in the Windows... :blush:

Marry Christmass!

Today Jesus Christ was born.

God bless you!

Hello Vlad,

it appears that you are codeveloping with Rinon this Contrib Installer, I see the latest release here

Can you advise if this installer can work with an existing osC MS2.2 which has already been altered by several contributions?

Is this version stable?

Thanks for answering

Hello,

I'd 1st like to tell you that this is a great contribution and I will be using it on all osc installs. I'm trying to use this contrib on a brand new osc install.

I'm having problems installing this contrib, mainly because I'm not understanding the instructions fully.

My 1st problem is with the install.txt file. It says:

INSTALL INFO

##########################################################

# add to your database with phpmyadmin or whatever you like...

== == == == == == == ==

add to database.sql

== ==

##########################################################

That part totally escapes me. The rest of that file looks managable.

Also, in that file, you mention to upload to /admin/images/buttons/. There is no such directory.

I somehow managed to change the files as the INSTALL.txt file directed and I uploaded to my server.

When I go to:

mysite.com/iadmin/contrib_installer.php I am greeted with this:

aci-1.jpg

When I goto my store admin>Configurations I can see the contrib installed, because it says: Contributions, but when I click on the link I'm greeted with:

aci-2.jpg

I believe that may be caused because I have no packages...? Once I get past this point, I'm sure creating the packages will be smooth. Although I'm still a newbie with XML, I understand enough of it by looking at the code... so that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Kevin

"What I didn't know yesterday, I know today & will remember tomorrow"

(By Kwalker)

What do you see when you open up the tep_database-pr2.2-CVS.pdf file that came with your osCommerce download?

I meant to ask earlier.... Although the contrib isn't working but the store functions are, should I populate my database with products or should I wait until the contrib is running correctly?

Kevin

"What I didn't know yesterday, I know today & will remember tomorrow"

(By Kwalker)

What do you see when you open up the tep_database-pr2.2-CVS.pdf file that came with your osCommerce download?

Hi!

I have uploaded Contrib Installer 1.0.6

Some man reports that Contrib Installer can't find string to replace.

This bug now fixed. Problem was a whitespaces at the end of line.

If that exists in file from osCommercr but don't in install.xml - we have an error.

Now Contrib Installer can resolve this problem.

Also some bugfixes and changes.

God bless you!

:D

Hi,

INSTALL.TXT

was leaved for history. Now You don't need it. Contrib Installer installs automaticly.

You need a Contrib Installer Packages (CIP).

Search a Contribs with word "cip" on oscommerce site:

CIP searching...

I've just downloaded and installed Contrib Installer. The install hasn't made database tab les, happy to do it manually, just need instructions and then I think it will be OK. It looks a brilliant contribution, but the only error message I get is relating to table (obviously I can see they don't exist)

Hi,

some suggestions to this contibution.

For me it don't work( the installer cant check permission and file existance)

I' know what is the bug, and this is my suggestion :)

All the functions in "permission_check.php" have DIR_FS_CATALOG as initial dir.

My site have the admin folder in separate place, I searched if there are some configuration files for the contrib_installer but unfortunately i have modified the install and the permission_check.php to make it work...but seem that this configuration in not good ...due to anothers problems .....

So my suggestion is to use 2 variables :

Full path to catalog directory and full path to admin directory.....because seem that the installer script check the admin folder only in the catalog folder.

What about all site with this configuration?

/www/mysite/catalog/

/www/mysite/admin/

Good the work for all the rest, my compliments to developers :thumbsup:

Sorry for my english, bye

Hi

now geting

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/installed_contributions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in e:\domains\k\kitchenjunction.co.uk\user\htdocs\catalog\admin\installed_contributions.php on line 23

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/installed_contributions.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in e:\domains\k\kitchenjunction.co.uk\user\htdocs\catalog\admin\installed_contributions.php on line 23

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

simon

I get this error on this my installer page

Checking config file: File install.xml is valid.Checking permissions: Permissions is OK.

Warning: Wrong parameter count for str_replace() in /home/********/public_html/admin/includes/functions/conflicts_check.php on line 82

Warning: Wrong parameter count for str_replace() in /home/********/public_html/admin/includes/functions/conflicts_check.php on line 82

Warning: Wrong parameter count for str_replace() in /home/********/public_html/admin/includes/functions/conflicts_check.php on line 138

Warning: Wrong parameter count for str_replace() in /home/********/public_html/admin/includes/functions/conflicts_check.php on line 138

Checking conflicts:No conflicts.Backup: 6 files to /home/********/public_html/admin/backups/Contrib_Installer_1.0.6/PHP runtime messages: Done.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1

Help me fix these.

Thank you,

Michael

Michael

Problem: i had install CI new package in fresh OSC but i dint see anything "contrib instal' button from my admin control panel? y?

what i had done is, i unzip new osc then follow instruction that copy all CI catalog file to my new OSC, then upload to my webhosting server. and the last i configure new fresh OSC thru my internet web browser. everything working fine. but until last the above problem.

Pls HELP. thanks guy..

Hey guys, after install i face below problem, when i click on contribution button...

1146 - Table 'osc_mysql.installed_contributions_type' doesn't exist

select type_name from installed_contributions_type order by type_name

[TEP STOP]

Thanks

Hi

Seems to have got it going but had to uninstall all reference for everything above version0.4, and whatever has been manually added.

Download fresh verion 0.4, run as per these instructions in readme, which has created all databases, this is as far as I have got so far - over to you

simon

Hi

Seems to have got it going but had to uninstall all reference for everything above version0.4, and whatever has been manually added.

Download fresh verion 0.4, run as per these instructions in readme, which has created all databases, this is as far as I have got so far - over to you

simon

sorry what mean version0.4? u talking about Oscommerce or contrib install?

my Oscommerce is version oscommerce-2.2ms2-051113

and contrib install is 1.0.6

thanks

sorry what mean version0.4? u talking about Oscommerce or contrib install?

my Oscommerce is version oscommerce-2.2ms2-051113

and contrib install is 1.0.6

thanks

Hi

version0.4 = contrib install 0.4

sorry

simon