osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contrib Installer

rinon

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just noticed that the path in the error message is different than the path used to upload the files. So in effect the file isn't there, but should it be?

The instructions (or the path in the cont download package) say to upload to catalog/Admin/contrib_installer.php but the message is looking for it in catalog/contrib_installer.php

Could that be the problem?

This is different files.

Script from catalog/Admin/contrib_installer.php when running first time tryes to 'initialize'.

To 'init' script

creates needed folders and

copy install.xml

from /catalog/admin/includes/functions/install.xml

to /catalog/admin/contributions/<contib_Installer_folder_name>/install.xml

After this steps script runs "install"-function for this file. So we do an ordinary installation.

(This gives an ability to Remove Contrib Installer by 2 clicks and than install it again by 2 clicks)

If script can't read install.xml he sends message like you have recieved.

So check permissions for all folders in path to install.xml.

If one folder have restricted permissions script could't read file from folder placed in it.

I'm also trying to change permissions on install.xml to 777 but can't, it's giving me the message:

Could not change perms on install.xml: Bad file descriptor

If you're working in Linux:

man chmod

man chgrp

man chown

Working in windows:

- install Linux and work in it :P

or

- use google.com to find info about permissions.

===============================

Never give up! Never give up! Never give up!

Hi,

I trying to install contrib_installer-1.0.1, unfortunately I am getting an error I don't know how to fix.

Here are the steps I took:

I copied all requried files to my server.

I then loaded admin/contrib_installer.php in my browser, it gave me some permission errors which I corrected.

I then get this error message on the contrib_installer.php page which I don't know how to fix:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1

);

[CONTRIB INSTALLER TEP STOP]

What should I do? Any help would be appreciated.

I have a new installation of osCommerce, the only changes I have made are deleting all the default products and categories and replacing with my own and I installed a new payment module. Could this be creating the problem with the install?

I just tried installing contrib_installer-1.0.1 again, this time on a clean install of osCommerce and got the same error message: Here it is in full detail.

Initialize Contrib Installer

Installing Contribution: contrib_installer

From install file: catalog/admin/contributions/contrib_installer/install.xml

Author:

Modified from version 0.5 to 1.0 by Vlad Savitsky (http://solti.com.ua)

Comments:

osCommerce Forums: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=156667

Checking config file:

File install.xml is valid.

Checking permissions:

Permissions is OK.

Checking conflicts:

No conflicts.

PHP runtime messages:

Done.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1

);

I just tried installing contrib_installer-1.0.1 again, this time on a clean install of osCommerce and got the same error message: Here it is in full detail.

From install file: catalog/admin/contributions/contrib_installer/install.xml

Author:

Comments:

Checking config file:

Checking permissions:

Permissions is OK.

Checking conflicts:

No conflicts.

PHP runtime messages:

Done.

);

What version of MySQL are you using?

- Rinon

What version of MySQL are you using?

- Rinon

Thanks for your reply. MySQL 4.0.18 and I also tried installing it on a different machine that is running MySQL

4.0.26, with the same results.

Edited by daved

Hey Rinon and Vlad...

Last weeked I began writing my own Installer, not being aware of your contribution. Mine differs in many ways from yours but having found yours I wondered if we should combine efforts?

The key differences as I see them are:

• My Installer uses a sophisticated matching algorithm which doesn't rely on original untouched files, and doesn't need to know line numbers. It uses MD5 checksums of the areas to be changed to ensure it only changes code it expects to see.
  • It has 2 levels of detection logic that says "Find findFirst, and then shortly after find the area that starts with Start and ends with End and has an MD5 checksum of checksum and replace/insert/delete with new-content.
  • It works as a stand-alone installer to be combined with a contribution, rather than as an integration with osCommerce.
  • It can make multiple passes over the same file without writing changes to disk, and does all its work in-memory.
  • It calculates the current user's database permissions to detect whether it has required privileges (CREATE /ALTER/DROP for example).
  • It falls-back easily to non-automatic mode when database privileges or file-system permissions prevent it making changes.
  • It doesn't require a configuration file or special directives, but could be easily combined into your XML logic.

Its thoroughly bug checked at this point, and going through some serious testing before I used it to release a contribution I've written.

If you'd lke to take a look at the source code let me know and I'll put it on my web site.

Hey Rinon and Vlad...

Last weeked I began writing my own Installer, not being aware of your contribution. Mine differs in many ways from yours but having found yours I wondered if we should combine efforts?

The key differences as I see them are:

• My Installer uses a sophisticated matching algorithm which doesn't rely on original untouched files, and doesn't need to know line numbers. It uses MD5 checksums of the areas to be changed to ensure it only changes code it expects to see.

• It has 2 levels of detection logic that says "Find findFirst, and then shortly after find the area that starts with Start and ends with End and has an MD5 checksum of checksum and replace/insert/delete with new-content.

• It works as a stand-alone installer to be combined with a contribution, rather than as an integration with osCommerce.

• It can make multiple passes over the same file without writing changes to disk, and does all its work in-memory.

• It calculates the current user's database permissions to detect whether it has required privileges (CREATE /ALTER/DROP for example).

• It falls-back easily to non-automatic mode when database privileges or file-system permissions prevent it making changes.

• It doesn't require a configuration file or special directives, but could be easily combined into your XML logic.

Its thoroughly bug checked at this point, and going through some serious testing before I used it to release a contribution I've written.

If you'd lke to take a look at the source code let me know and I'll put it on my web site.

I would love to take a look at this and perhaps some of these things could be put into this Installer. Right now I'm trying to combine several peoples' work on this into one release, so it would probably be a while before I could get your stuff put in, but I would really like to integrate your ideas if that would be ok with you.

- Rinon

Hi Rinon, thanks for the reply.

If you've got a workload on already how about if I design my installer-library so it can function as a plug-in to your work, and then work out how best to modify your Installer without needing to change lots of code?

Then I simply have to let you have the library and the required modifications to your code, and you can have it working quickly and reliably.

I'll set up a developer installation of osCommerce on my server and then you can test my Installer and see how it operates.

Have you got any minimum/maximum version requirements for PHP, MySQL or osCommerce?

I've tried to make my PHP 5 code backwards-compatible with PHP 3 but I've not tested it on other versions of PHP so far. I guess I need to do that. I'm not even sure what the minimum PHP version is for osC !

From install file: /home/traceyc/public_html/admin/contributions/contrib_installer/install.xml
Author:
Comments:
Checking config file:
Checking permissions:
Permissions is OK.
Checking conflicts:
No conflicts.
PHP runtime messages:

Done.
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1

);

Apache version	 1.3.33 (Unix)
MySQL version	  4.1.13-standard
PHP version		  4.4.1

Same problem here. Any hopes of a fix?

Hi, all.

Thanks for your patient.

From install file: /home/traceyc/public_html/admin/contributions/contrib_installer/install.xml

Author:

Comments:

Checking config file:

Checking permissions:

Permissions is OK.

Checking conflicts:

No conflicts.

PHP runtime messages:

Done.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1

);

I'm using MySQL 4.1.7 (compiled from source).

So our versions can be different becauce of my version compiled by hand.

This message means that first peace of SQL-code have an error:

Original code from 1.0.1:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS  contrib_installer (
		ID int(4) NOT NULL auto_increment,
		line_number int(5) unsigned default NULL,
		file varchar(255) default NULL,
		contrib_name varchar(255) default NULL,
		PRIMARY KEY  (ID)
	);

Try this code in your PhpMyAdmin (added "`") :

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS  `contrib_installer` (
		`ID` int(4) NOT NULL auto_increment,
		`line_number` int(5) unsigned default NULL,
		`file` varchar(255) default NULL,
		`contrib_name` varchar(255) default NULL,
		PRIMARY KEY  (`ID`)
	);

If it works I will change all other SQL statments.

May be someone knows where can be a problem with this code? It work fine on my mashine.

Hi, all.

Thanks for your patient.

I'm using MySQL 4.1.7 (compiled from source).

So our versions can be different becauce of my version compiled by hand.

This message means that first peace of SQL-code have an error:

Original code from 1.0.1:

ID int(4) NOT NULL auto_increment,
		contrib_name varchar(255) default NULL,
		PRIMARY KEY  (ID)
	);

Try this code in your PhpMyAdmin (added "`") :

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS  `contrib_installer` (
		`ID` int(4) NOT NULL auto_increment,
		`line_number` int(5) unsigned default NULL,
		`file` varchar(255) default NULL,
		`contrib_name` varchar(255) default NULL,
		PRIMARY KEY  (`ID`)
	);

If it works I will change all other SQL statments.

May be someone knows where can be a problem with this code? It work fine on my mashine.

Or try this:

ID int(4) NOT NULL auto_increment PRIMARY KEY,
		contrib_name varchar(255) default NULL
	);

- Rinon

Hi, all

I uploaded NEW version of Contrib Installer 1.0.3.

- Bug fixes

- Added total BACKUP. Before make any changes to file Contrib Installer copy them to folder 'backup' under CIP-folder.

Example: admin/contributions/BTSv1.5d/backup/

So later you can easily restore files or resolve conflicts.

- Changed install.xml (selfinstall) to fix an error described in forum (page 6). This about SQL sintacs.

- Support of languages that differs from english. Usefull for language files.

- Added changelog.txt

- Correct changes (addcode and findreplace ) in languages-files (different

from english - like russian, ukrainian and etc.). XML-files should be in

original charset. (In xml_parser used 'UTF-8').

- Added Contribution_Control_Bookmark_MOD-0.1.4

- Contribution_Control_Bookmark_MOD-0.1.4 changed to use Contrib Installer to

delete contribs

- Fix a bug in addcode

- Fix a bug in addfile (files have not removed when uninstall)

- Changed conflicts check. Now check if needed file exist and is it file and

is it writeable. And also checks is it link for file.

- Fixed a bug when some CIP tryes to change the same file and find the same

strings.

- Added text on 'init' page which tells how to change permissions on Unix

(from readme.txt)

- Added new tag 'delfile'. When delete (install contrib) - CI just copy it

into contrib folder and than restore it when uninstall contrib.

- Added NEW way to resolve a conflicts for 'find and replace'. Replaced code

not deleted but just commented. So if another contrib tryes to find strings -

CI will find and will made a changes but they will be commented (in comment

area) so after install contrib will not work and you should repaire it by

hand. Note: you will see all changes in file with info about what contrib was

done it.

Same

Installing Contribution: Contrib_Installer_1.0.3From install file: d:/ip1/pay2thai.com/www/shop/admin/contributions/Contrib_Installer_1.0.3/install.xmlAuthor: Updated by Rinon for PHP5

Comments: osCommerce Forums: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40010

Checking config file: File install.xml is valid.Checking permissions: Permissions is OK.Checking conflicts:No conflicts.PHP runtime messages: Done.

);

:huh: Web Server: Apache/2.0.54 (Win32) PHP/4.3.11

PHP Version: 4.3.11

Zend Optimizer: 2.5.7

MySQL Version: 4.1.12a-nt

Perl Version: 5.8.7

phpMyAdmin Version: phpMyAdmin-2.6.3-rc1

Web Server: Apache/2.0.54 (Win32) PHP/4.3.11

PHP Version: 4.3.11

Zend Optimizer: 2.5.7

MySQL Version: 4.1.12a-nt

Perl Version: 5.8.7

phpMyAdmin Version: phpMyAdmin-2.6.3-rc1

Okay.. I've installed it again. I get the following: [CONTRIB INSTALLER TEP STOP]

I ran the following query:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS contrib_installer (

);

I get: Your SQL query has been executed successfully

The table exists now.

I assume I'm good to go now?

What am I doing wrong. I am putting all the file in the same folder?

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/brettwebmaster/public_html/sc/admin/contributions/contrib_installer.php on line 13

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/brettwebmaster/public_html/sc/admin/contributions/contrib_installer.php on line 13

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/brettwebmaster/public_html/sc/admin/contributions/contrib_installer.php on line 13

Hey,

I tried installing this moudel but when i go to admin it allways showes me same thing in top:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/luquooxb/public_html/store/admin/includes/filenames.php:110) in /home/luquooxb/public_html/store/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

i also added from phpadmin database.sql it is empty now...should i add somthing to this file?

Thank you

1146 - Table 'luquooxb_phpau.installed_contributions_type' doesn't exist

select type_name from installed_contributions_type order by type_name

(i got this also when i tried putting in to database.sql:

);

What am I doing wrong. I am putting all the file in the same folder?

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/brettwebmaster/public_html/sc/admin/contributions/contrib_installer.php on line 13

I think you've put the files in the wrong place. You have to upload the files into their appropriate directory, such as contrib_installer_1.0.3/catalog/admin/contrib_installer.php in the zip file to catalog/admin/contrib_installer.php on the server. Basically you have to upload everything in the catalog/ directory in the zip file to the directory on the server that corresponds with the path in the zip file (so teh files will be in different folders in catalog/admin/

Hope that's helpful, if you need any more help, just let us know.

- Rinon

Hey,

I tried installing this moudel but when i go to admin it allways showes me same thing in top:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/luquooxb/public_html/store/admin/includes/filenames.php:110) in /home/luquooxb/public_html/store/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

i also added from phpadmin database.sql it is empty now...should i add somthing to this file?

Thank you

1146 - Table 'luquooxb_phpau.installed_contributions_type' doesn't exist

select type_name from installed_contributions_type order by type_name

(i got this also when i tried putting in to database.sql:

);

Where is this database.sql found? And what version of the Contrib Installer are you using? You shouldn't need to use phpmyadmin to upload anything, as long as everything goes right.

- Rinon

This is really strange... Please advise me!!!

1. made the directory ...admin/contributions

2. copied the Contrib Installer files/folders in /admin

3. copied unziped contribution packages in /contributions in their folders

3. went to .../admin/contrib_installer.php (in web address)

4. it shows a page "Initialize Contrib Installer" and there is the Contribution Directory

...admin/contributions

5. continue

6. I need write permission for .../admin/contributions/Contrib_Installer_1.0.3

I copied the Contrib_Installer_1.0.3 in /contributions and set CHMOD 777

but I still get the same error...

7. only BACK ? ? ?

What is wrong? I tried many times/ways but I have no idea about what I should do next...

Please advise me!!! :(

Edited by vasile

Vasile

This is really strange... Please advise me!!!

1. made the directory ...admin/contributions

2. copied the Contrib Installer files/folders in /admin

3. copied unziped contribution packages in /contributions in their folders

3. went to .../admin/contrib_installer.php (in web address)

4. it shows a page "Initialize Contrib Installer" and there is the Contribution Directory

...admin/contributions

5. continue

6. I need write permission for .../admin/contributions/Contrib_Installer_1.0.3

I copied the Contrib_Installer_1.0.3 in /contributions and set CHMOD 777

but I still get the same error...

7. only BACK ? ? ?

What is wrong? I tried many times/ways but I have no idea about what I should do next...

Please advise me!!! :(

Try fixing the permissions on admin/contributions/ Maybe temporarily 777?

- Rinon

YES, Thank you!!! It works.

When I try to install All_Products-2.8

I get the message:

I need write permission for: /home/www/free/mysite.com

How do I change permission for my site?

The CHMOD option is disabled!!! it works for the other files/folders... :huh:

Vasile

Ok Im getting this error. Why? and how can I fix it.

);