osCommerce

The e-commerce.

URGENT - Please help

Hi

Im going mad trying to install this

SQL file does not exist: /install/oscommerce.sql

Can anyone help me get round this

Thanks

This usually happens when the permissions on your folders are wrongly set - so that the programme can't read what's in them (then it tells you the file doesn't exist).

Folder permissions need to be 755 (or 777 if that doesn't work), also the two configure.php files need to be set to 777 during the install and reset later. All other files need to have permissions of 644.

If you do those things and it still doesn't work then you can do the install manually.

1. Import the contents of the oscommerce.sql file into the blank database you set up (via phpMyAdmin)

2. Set up the two configure.php files manually.

Vger

This usually happens when the permissions on your folders are wrongly set - so that the programme can't read what's in them (then it tells you the file doesn't exist).

Folder permissions need to be 755 (or 777 if that doesn't work), also the two configure.php files need to be set to 777 during the install and reset later.  All other files need to have permissions of 644.

If you do those things and it still doesn't work then you can do the install manually.

1.  Import the contents of the oscommerce.sql file into the blank database you set up (via phpMyAdmin)

2.  Set up the two configure.php files manually.

Vger

HI

The permissions are set correctly

Could you please explain how i do the manul setup as i dont undertand what you mean

Thanks

Archived