• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tips on how I should handle shipping in my store?

Druss

I've been searching and reading the forums as much as I can but I'm still not sure on how I should handle shipping for my store.

The contents of the store are Vintage Action Figures and all things that come with them, the figures themselves, their accessories, paperwork, etc.

I had thought about the USPS Shipping module, assign a weight to each figure and item so it adds up accurately at checkout but then I thought about the Filecards, Paperwork and accessories, each of these are tenths of an ounce.

I can't charge by straight # of items as it could be really small items or much larger items and 20 toy guns would only be a few ounces but 20 figures would be well over a pound.

One person suggested just bumping your prices accordingly and offer free shipping, this way no hassle and the shipping, or at least partial shipping is already built into the price.

I would rather not go that route but with all the variables I'm not sure what route to take.