• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Without loggin in

webau

hi there,

I dont want the customers forced to be members just to order products.

I want them to be able to purchase products without logging in.

Is this possible with Oscommerce?

Cheers :thumbsup:

Sure it works. I know dozens of people that use it.

Thats not to say it works very well. In fact, I think it actually makes the checkout for customers even worse, making it more confusing. All it does is...

-Adds a third option on the login screen

-If the user selectes to pwa, they are still directed to the create account screen, but now they don't have to select/deselect the newsletter option, and they don't have to provide a password

- Removes the create account success page

- Removes the 'login/logoff' and 'my account' links.

- Alters the email the customer receive

- Removes the customer information from the database after purchase is complete

There are a ton of drawbacks to this methodology, however the contribution does work as it was designed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

anyone else have any good ideas for the above ??

You need to get the Customers info somehow, call it login or checkout, at one point or another paiment and shipping information has to be supplyed to you. So I would stick with what oscommerce provides, it works.

Archived