• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Limit the sale to some countries only

Hi

Is there any ways to limit the sales only to some countries? for example only for UK and Europe. So US customers will not be able to pay.

Thanks

LJ

Delete non-required countries from database.

The only country I have in the localization now is UK, but US customers still able to shop and pay to ePDQ system (in sterling). Do I need to get into the SQL database to remove them?

Thanks

The only country I have in the localization now is UK, but US customers still able to shop and pay to ePDQ system (in sterling). Do I need to get into the SQL database to remove them?

Thanks

yes, table countries. But if you delete them a person from the US will not be able to buy a gift for her friend in Germany, where it would have been shipped to.

Setting up zones for shipping would be a more elegant option. Check out the zones file for insructions.

:-)

Monika

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Thanks

As yesudo pointed out, you can delete countries from the database if you don't want those residents to create accounts and place orders. You can also do that from admin, but if you plan to delete a lot of countries doing it in the database would be easier.

You can also limit access to most payment modules by assigning a Payment Zone. For example, if your aim is just to prevent US residents from attempting to pay via ePDQ, you could assign "Germany" as the Payment Zone for ePDQ. That way US residents could still create accounts and order, but they would have to use another method to pay.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

Thank you guys.

there are really lots ideas here, I love this community support. I will have a look at there suggestions.

In fact the most important aspect of my case is to sent US customers to another site (the some company but customers are different, websites are different), now because US customers order the product from the UK site, they pay high price because the exchange rate, and also cause problems in the account.

Thanks

LJ

Archived