• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Make Yourself Famous @ KCPA-TV

DoctorMason

Seriously think about putting some effort in to a store that is going to sell the type of product you are offering.

If I were any of those networks and I was being asociated with something that looks this rank amateur, I'd be on you like white on rice to make some DRASTIC and IMMEDIATE changes.

This is a specialized site, to be marketed locally on cable-TV, providing a service. Was hoping for comments on broken links and coding problems. For example, why is it that when a person tries to pay one cent for a particular video, and opt to pay by "check or money order", that when they return to their account later after logging out, it does not exist? Things that prevent sales are the specific comments and suggestions we're looking for.

Thanks!

Doctor Mason, World's #1 "Temporary Webmaster"

Do make some effort on design and layout...if you want anyone to spend time to go through your site and give serious feedback...

basically --

I wouldn't even go as far to make an order on your website. One look at the squished thumbnails and stock osC look, and im gone.

Jud

This is a specialized site, to be marketed locally on cable-TV, providing a service. Was hoping for comments on broken links and coding problems. For example, why is it that when a person tries to pay one cent for a particular video, and opt to pay by "check or money order", that when they return to their account later after logging out, it does not exist? Things that prevent sales are the specific comments and suggestions we're looking for.

Let me help you out - your site isnt going to do anything we havent already seen.

At least a thousand times.

Check it yourself if this is the best effort you can put forth.

Let me help you out - your site isnt going to do anything we havent already seen.

At least a thousand times.

Check it yourself if this is the best effort you can put forth.

The layout and graphics blow, but I find the site quite interesting. I like to make movies and to have one of mine aired on TV I'd jump through hoops of fire. :)

CAN i be on Tv and have the matrix dvd for $30.00 as well ?, when i first done a site and asked for comments i was slated, glad i was, i started all over again and made something that didnt look like cheap trash that no one would dream of buying from and me just throwing money away.

So my advice start again and good luck

Regards

CAN i be on Tv and have the matrix dvd for $30.00 as well ?, when i first done a site and asked for comments i was slated, glad i was, i started all over again and made something that didnt look like cheap trash that no one would dream of buying from and me just throwing money away.

So my advice start again and good luck

Regards

Thanks for your honest response. Would like to know how to remove the "specials" from the site. Would like to know how to get the customer page to show up when a returning customer logs in and tries to view their account. Would like this "non-profit organization" website to make enough $$ to hire someone who will get the job done. Volunteers are very selective about what work they will provide to a "non-profit" and how much of their time they will donate.

As it is now we have almost no money wasted in site design, and would like it to work well enough to advertise it to people who know little or nothing about oscomerce. Customers who will spend $10 to place their first tv commercial on the air just for fun. If you are interested in volunteering to work on our project then by all means please do so. You may of course email the necessary changes to [email protected] at any time. Your help is appreciated.

Signed,

DKM

Doctor Mason, World's #1 "Temporary Webmaster"

DKM ... Please don't take this the wrong way, but sending spam PM's to everyone who replied to your topic won't get you help any faster. If you need help, ask for it in the appropriate part of the forum.

[edit] He sent me a PM with exactly the same text as the post above ^^ [/edit]

Jud

Archived