• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

what do I do next ?

guillermo160

I added a new product in order to start loading my store. However, on top of my store I get this message.

"Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created."

1. Where do I go to create this directory.?

2. What files do I need to include in this directory.? (If any)

Also if somebody can tell me where can I find a good tutorial (Or book), that teach me how to handle all these little problems.

Thanks and have a great day !

Guillermo Hernandez

I added a new product in order to start loading my store.  However, on top of my store I get this message.

"Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created."

1. Where do I go to create this directory.?

2. What files do I need to include in this directory.? (If any)

Also if somebody can tell me where can I find a good tutorial (Or book), that teach me how to handle all these little problems.

Thanks and have a great day !

Guillermo Hernandez

Hi

You need to log in to your webspace via ftp and create in the catalog root a directory called tmp. You need to set its permmissions correctly, (744 I think - someone please correct me..)

As for a good tutorial - you have such a wealth of experience and knowledge available here and the with the knowledgebase available you shouldnt waste money on any osCommerce tutorials!

Its all here, just use the search or ask the forum.

Good Luck!

F5

On a shared server it is advisable to store sessions in the database and not in files in a 'tmp' folder. On the last line of both configure.php files insert 'mysql' where indicated, and you won't need to set up a tmp folder.

Vger

Archived