• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

LayOut Designs and Templates

danielc1234

Hi all,

Is there a place I can go to get free templates or interfaces to change the look of my cart? I would like to know if there is a way to customize it to match the front side of my site? And what is the terminology used for the layout? Skins? Templates? etc.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

There are some free and some inexpensive ones, but none will be point-n-click installed. OSC isn't based that way. There are several files used to generate each page including ones that grab others and pull information from the stylesheet. Take a look at my blog for a quick overview on how to begin making the site "your own".

Free ones are pretty scarce, and for the most part, they are all rather bland. The few that exist can be found in the contributions section. Since a true templating system has not been integrated into the core OSC code as of yet, there isn't really a correct term.

To make you're osc cart look like your main site, you'll need to manually edit the php and integrated html and SQL to make the customiations. There are sever references in the forums and in the knowledge base to help you do this, if it is something you wish to do on your own.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Hi all,

Is there a place I can go to get free templates or interfaces to change the look of my cart? I would like to know if there is a way to customize it to match the front side of my site? And what is the terminology used for the layout? Skins? Templates? etc.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

You may also find it's better to use OSC alone and add the content of your old site into the information pages and side columns.

Archived