• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Hold money on account

themistral

Hi,

I have developed a store for my company using osCommerce, so I am not a newbie at this!!

I am setting up my own store which will sell downloads. No problem so far (although I have not yet attemped to sell downloads, so may have to ask for help on that later!).

I plan to sell music tracks (that I have permission to sell) at ?1.00 each. But due to the fees of payment processing companies, payments of ?1.00 are uneconomical to transact. Therefore I want there to be a minimum payment of ?5.00.

So, if the customer only buys 1 track, they pay ?5.00 but have ?4.00 left on their account which can be used over time.

Is there a way this can be done?

Hi,

I have developed a store for my company using osCommerce, so I am not a newbie at this!!

I am setting up my own store which will sell downloads. No problem so far (although I have not yet attemped to sell downloads, so may have to ask for help on that later!).

I plan to sell music tracks (that I have permission to sell) at ?1.00 each. But due to the fees of payment processing companies, payments of ?1.00 are uneconomical to transact. Therefore I want there to be a minimum payment of ?5.00.

So, if the customer only buys 1 track, they pay ?5.00 but have ?4.00 left on their account which can be used over time.

Is there a way this can be done?

Paypal doesn't charge that much does it? I thought that it was something like 4%? That's only 4p isn't it?

Paypal doesn't charge that much does it? I thought that it was something like 4%? That's only 4p isn't it?

Plus ?0.20 or ?0.25 per transaction.

As I am planning to give half the money taken back to the owner of the music track, it wouldn't leave a lot left for my profit.

Archived