• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add a new page

nickeswede73

Hello!

I would like to add a completely new page to my oscommerce shop. It should be on the front page, under the Information section just under the Contact us link.

I want to add a page with weblinks.

Greatful for help!

Hello!

I would like to add a completely new page to my oscommerce shop. It should be on the front page, under the Information section just under the Contact us link.

I want to add a page with weblinks.

Greatful for help!

Do you mean a new Box in the Left Column?

Couple of good contributions allow you to add/edit pages via the admin.

One of them is infopages unlimited.

You can also make your own pages...

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/Catalog_Guid...g_Area/Boxes/49

should be able to help

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

The quick'n'easy way.

1. Open your root level conditions.php page, select Save As and save it as newname.php, and then edit references in it to FILENAME_CONDITIONS to FILENAME_NEWNAME.

2. Go to the conditions.php file in includes/languages/english, open it and select Save As and save as newname.php. Alter the navbar and heading titles.

4. Go to includes/filenames.php and add the newpage.php to the list of files.

5. Go to includes/boxes/information.php and add it to the list of files

6. Go to includes/languages/english.php and add it to the list in the Information Box listing.

All done!

Vger

• 2 months later...
Couple of good contributions allow you to add/edit pages via the admin.

One of them is infopages unlimited.

You can also make your own pages...

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/Catalog_Guid...g_Area/Boxes/49

should be able to help

Hi,

I followed the referenced instructions regarding adding a new page and then I uploade the changes to the appropriate directories. But, I still do not know how to add the new page so it can be seen on the front end. Where on the server side do I activate my new page and am I to assume that the text of my new page should be done through an editor. I am really new to the osCommerce scene and found that a regular website template would have been easier for me. I really would appreciate any advice you can offer. Thank you. Isabelle

Isabelle Jolie

"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare."

I've used the quick'n'easy way to add a page (jewelry info) to the information box for one site. Now I would like to add a page to the categories box on a different site.

In the information page I modified the code to look like this:

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_JEWELINFO) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_JEWELINFO . '</a><br>' .
          '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .
                                        '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br>' .
                                        '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>');

In the category box the line looks like this:

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => $categories_string);

How do I modify the code for the cateogry box to include the category string followed by a link to a static page? So the last item in the category box is a link to the new page I created.

I want to join

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => $categories_string);

with

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_JEWELINFO) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_JEWELINFO . '</a><br>' .

All pointers are appreciated. So far everything I've done has resulted in parse error message.

Archived