• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

pink warning at top of my site

freegeek

Guys, a warning has just apeared at the top of all of my OSC pages, it says,

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /......./public_html/store/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Can anyone explain what it shout be set to and why this would just have appered after the site has been up for 4 months.

Thanks

Guys, a warning has just apeared at the top of all of my OSC pages, it says,

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /......./public_html/store/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Can anyone explain what it shout be set to and why this would just have appered after the site has been up for 4 months.

Thanks

Hi freegeek,

the error from what i can remember is because your configuration file configure.php has permissions that are set wrong. Do you use an FTP program. If you do navigate to the file mentioned, and change the permissions to 644. post back here if you do nto know how to do that. Once you have done it, refresh you site and the error should of gone. If it has not thencheck that the file is not damaged and that you can infact change the permissions on it.

If you cant or dont have an FTP program you can use the file manager that it built into the admin part of Oscommerce.

Let us know how you get on.

Be careful using the File manager built into osC!!!

I've never used it to set permissions, but it is known to generate many problems when editing files.

OK a few things happened after I posted, at about 10 this moring my siite stopped responding and then soon after my server account was barred by my provider Dataflame for using too much CPU performance. After an hour or so I persuaded them to restart my service so I could have a look to see what was causing the problem, once restarted, all looked well, CPU load was down at 1% and the warning had dissapeared.

My home page is phpnuke with (a non nuke version) OSC as a sub page and all now seems to be back to normal.

PS I tried to CHMOD the file to 444 last night but without success (using cuteftp) it wound not change :'( , it is now still at 644.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. :thumbsup:

Archived