• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Site has been live for awhile....

ashleylr

Hi everyone,

I have a wedding favorssite that has been live for some time now. I am seeing good sales, but as my SERPs are improving, I am not seeing a huge increase in my sales/conversion rates.

Can anyone give me any pointers/tips on things that could be improved on my site that might help improve my conversion rate?

Here is a link to my site: www.momentsofelegance.com

Thanks so much!!

Ashley

Sorry to bother ya, but would you mind explaining what are 'conversion rates'?  :)

sorry about that!! I mean that I am getting good traffic, but only 1% or so of the people who come to my site buy something. as my traffic is going up, my sales don't seem to be doing so at the same rate. It means converting a visitor into a customer.

Oh I see.

-discounts per product , on some specific products, or something like: buy one/two get one free etc.

-loyalty points scheme

-win points/credit by referring the site to friends, making purchases etc

-also make a comment box at your site, where visitors can drop in suggestions regarding your site

-make available some kind of live support box. it really helps i guess.

-ur main page takes a lot of time to get opened on a dial up connection. No need to display so many products-with-images on the main page

-install either 'purchase without account' module or the 'signin box on the main page ' module. Most clients dont like to creat an account to be able to shop.

I might be wrong at some things. I haven't had the honor to be an e-store owner as yet. I just tried to recall and rephrase whatever I have read here and there.

Don't know whether it is legal to post a link to an ecommerce discussion forum here. If it is not, I can pm you the link. Should I?

Hope that helps. :)

Irfan,

Do you think that any of it has anything to do with the fact that most people view planning / preparing weddings as a very PERSONAL hands on experience and shopping for it online is a contradiction to that?

Just a thought. Prolly silly at that. Ignore it. really.

Do you think that any of it has anything to do with the fact that most people view planning / preparing weddings as a very PERSONAL hands on experience and shopping for it online is a contradiction to that?

Just a thought. Prolly silly at that. Ignore it. really.

AfterDark,

Believe it or not, the web is becoming a HUGE resource for brides planning their weddings and the online industry for it is ridiculously huge. I planned a wedding a year ago almost entirely online. It allowed me to have all the beautiful and elegant things that I wanted at a quarter of the cost.

The top sites in the favors category sell over 5 million dollars in online sales for favors a year. Not to shabby IMHO....

Just in case you are wondering why

Archived