• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PC Pro Creator

empo

Hi

I have the same problem, DCP but the only solution is to cut the decimals in admin/currencies/decimals places. If your price in store is 12,34 is must be 12 to work with ppc.

Sorry for my english, i hope to understand what i say.

Hi Again!

Oh my god. That is not possible, i have my prices with decuimal case and in EUR. I was hoping to correct to EUR later but i cant use no decimal prices.

Why is that bug? Cant we solve it?

BTW, check my site on the build computer area to c the bug. http://roltel.com

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Again!

Oh my god. That is not possible, i have my prices with decuimal case and in EUR. I was hoping to correct to EUR later but i cant use no decimal prices.

Why is that bug? Cant we solve it?

BTW, check my site on the build computer area to c the bug. http://roltel.com

Thanks in advance!

the described problem comes with the latest compubuild.php...

please replace the following function with code I post here:

function decimal_substitution(num,direction){
	switch (direction){
	  case 'calc':
			num = num.replace("<?php echo $currency_symb['thousands_point'];?>","#|#");
			num = num.replace("<?php echo $currency_symb['decimal_point'];?>",".");
			num = num.replace("#|#",",");
			break;
	  case 'display':
			num = num.replace(",","#|#");
			num = num.replace(".","<?php echo $currency_symb['decimal_point'];?>");
			num = num.replace("#|#","<?php echo $currency_symb['thousands_point'];?>");
			break;
	  }
	return num;
}

this should fix the decimal thing...

the described problem comes with the latest compubuild.php...

please replace the following function with code I post here:

function decimal_substitution(num,direction){
	switch (direction){
	  case 'calc':
			num = num.replace("<?php echo $currency_symb['thousands_point'];?>","#|#");
			num = num.replace("<?php echo $currency_symb['decimal_point'];?>",".");
			num = num.replace("#|#",",");
			break;
	  case 'display':
			num = num.replace(",","#|#");
			num = num.replace(".","<?php echo $currency_symb['decimal_point'];?>");
			num = num.replace("#|#","<?php echo $currency_symb['thousands_point'];?>");
			break;
	  }
	return num;
}

this should fix the decimal thing...

Thank YOU!

I see it is a bug meaning currencies i guess. Te values apear with no decimal case making me get the prices wioth all the numbr meaning euros.

I tried to paste your code and nothing worked. i kept having the same problem so i went to the admin and changed currency atributes. By changing it a realized that it is the dot (.) of my thousand separator that was making compbuild not to show the decimal (,). I puted a * in the thousand separator and it worked. Although the item were separated by ".", the final price was corect: "," for decimal. Then removed the thousand separator and the compbuild could calculate the total.

So the problem is identified. What sould i put in the thousand separator? if i cant put a dot how can i put a space.

Check roltel.com to see it working with the bug. :)

I apreciate your help as im a kinda php noob.

Thanks in advance for help.

Thank YOU!

I see it is a bug meaning currencies i guess. Te values apear with no decimal case making me get the prices wioth all the numbr meaning euros.

I tried to paste your code and nothing worked. i kept having the same problem so i went to the admin and changed currency atributes. By changing it a realized that it is the dot (.) of my thousand separator that was making compbuild not to show the decimal (,). I puted a * in the thousand separator and it worked. Although the item were separated by ".", the final price was corect: "," for decimal. Then removed the thousand separator and the compbuild could calculate the total.

So the problem is identified. What sould i put in the thousand separator? if i cant put a dot how can i put a space.

Check roltel.com to see it working with the bug. :)

I apreciate your help as im a kinda php noob.

Thanks in advance for help.

I think i got it

To those who got this problem, the first thing to do is what reilagarto said before.

Then, you have to go to compbuild.php and replace the function that meisterbartsch put here before. But i think it's exactly the same that is on the version of 2006-08-24.

And lastly, go to build/builder2.php and change the folowing:

On line 225, you will have this code:

sum=sum+parseFloat(price[i].replace(".",",")*(form.elements["qty["+(i-1)+"]"].selectedIndex+1));

So, you have to change the dot and the comma for a comma and a dot. It's easier to see like this:

sum=sum+parseFloat(price[i].replace(",",".]")*(form.elements["qty["+(i-1)+"]"].selectedIndex+1));

Now, the main problem is that the prices doesn't have a thousand separator, so the prices in the rest of the catalog shows like this: 4561,12 EUR

It's not a big problem i think, although i haven't tried it yet.

I'll keep on working with it!

Edited by DCP

I am trying to get this to work with BTS, but having a small problem. I have over 9000 different products and I can't seem to get it to pull the products from the database from the drop down menu. It comes up with the error 1065 query was empty and then on the bottom it says [tep stop]?

If i can get this to work then I can help others how to set this up in BTS.

thanks

I think i got it

THANKS ALOT... you gave the last hint ;)

PLEASE replace

sum=sum+parseFloat(price[i].replace(",",".]")*(form.elements["qty["+(i-1)+"]"].selectedIndex+1));

by

sum=sum+parseFloat(price[i]*(form.elements["qty["+(i-1)+"]"].selectedIndex+1));

I am doing the conversion in compbuild.php since 17th of august... so it is not needed anymore.. now it should work with every setup ;) I tried it with ",;." and".;," and it works fine :D

Greetings Patrick!

• 2 weeks later...

Good Day,

Please meisterbartsch, in conclusion what is the final version of ppc who works with decimals separator, because i instaled the version 24.08.2006 and don't work or what i need to make for work.

Thanks a lot

Hi Meisterbartsch

I have severe troubles making it work like on your or others pages.

I have problems with the Assembly Fee

I have already tried more versions, i.e. the one from 15.08. 18.07.

But at both versions i have the same problem:

when i add some assemblyfee (ie 100$), the compbuild.php doesnt show any assembly fee.

There is the choice to choose an assembly fee, but there is no choice in it.

Just "Montage" to click, but nothing happen, when clicking it.

At individual-systems.de it is working properly.

And i do not have any option to insert more than 1 assembly fee (you wrote: + enable compbulid to handle multiple assemblyfees -> done July 18th 2006 --> in contrib section)

But i do have just the possibility to add 1 assembly fee.

Further its not possible to leave the field blank or set assembly fee to 0.00 because compbuild.php will not stop to load something, so it will not appear (on client side)

Please could you help me?

What did i do wrong?

Thanks for replies and sorry for my bad english

Hi Meisterbartsch

I have severe troubles making it work like on your or others pages.

I have problems with the Assembly Fee

I have already tried more versions, i.e. the one from 15.08. 18.07.

But at both versions i have the same problem:

when i add some assemblyfee (ie 100$), the compbuild.php doesnt show any assembly fee.

There is the choice to choose an assembly fee, but there is no choice in it.

Just "Montage" to click, but nothing happen, when clicking it.

At individual-systems.de it is working properly.

And i do not have any option to insert more than 1 assembly fee (you wrote: + enable compbulid to handle multiple assemblyfees -> done July 18th 2006 --> in contrib section)

But i do have just the possibility to add 1 assembly fee.

Further its not possible to leave the field blank or set assembly fee to 0.00 because compbuild.php will not stop to load something, so it will not appear (on client side)

Please could you help me?

What did i do wrong?

Thanks for replies and sorry for my bad english

Hi,

Go to admin-catalog-categories/products and make a new product (no new categorie). For each product you have created, you have a value for assembly fee.

Hi Meisterbartsch

Mein Englisch ist wirklich nicht so besonders, als dass ich vielleicht auch klar ausdr?cken k?nnte, was mein Problem ist ;-)

Deswegen (ich hoffe, das st?rt nicht) schreib ich hier nochmal auf deutsch:

Ich habe bereits mehrere Versionen ausprobiert und sehe nirgends eine Option, um die Montagekosten

a) in 2 oder mehrfacher Ausf?hrung irgedwo einzutragen

b ) sie ganz wegzulassen

bei a) ist klar, entweder bin ich blind oder bl?d, ich finds einfach nirgends, aber ich hab nat?rlich auch bemerkt, dass Du bei Deinem Screenshot, den Du schon hergezeigt hast, auch deutsche Sprache drin hast. Ich hab schon nach den Dateien f?r die Administration gesucht, finde aber nur ?berall entweder englisch, oder englisch und polnisch. Vielleicht hab ich ja ?berhaupt eine falsche Version oder so? Kann das sein? K?nntest Du mir vielleicht die derzeitig g?ltige Version nennen, in der das alles enthalten ist?

ach ja, ich sollte noch zu b ) kommen

Ok, wenn ich also versuche, das Montage-Feld ?berhaupt wegzulassen, indem ich einfach 0.00 ins Assembly Fee - Feld eintrage, dann wird das zwar in der Adminsitration angenommen, l?sst aber im Shop das compbuild.php nicht weiterladen, da steht dann einfach nur "l?dt........" und es tut sich aber nichts.

Ich finde Deine Contribution wirklich total genial und es hat lange gedauert, bis ich darauf gestossen bin. Jetzt bin ich nat?rlich auch schon ganz quirlig und h?tte sie am allerliebsten schon gestern zum Laufen gebracht.

Du siehst vielleicht an der Uhrzeit (es ist schon fr?h --> "schon") Schon deswegen, weil ich die ganze Nacht damit verbracht hab, es zum Laufen zu bringen.

Bin aber schon verzweifelt und dachte mir noch als letzte "Verzweiflungs" tat schreibe ich Dir noch, bevor ich jetzt schlafen geh.

Hilfst Du mir bitte? Ja?

Danke danke danke danke :rolleyes:

Hi,

Go to admin-catalog-categories/products and make a new product (no new categorie). For each product you have created, you have a value for assembly fee.

Hi thanks for help, where is the assembly fee? In the new product, which i have to make or in CPC-configuration?

Because in the new product, there is nothing where i could put assembly fee in

Thank you for helping

Hi thanks for help, where is the assembly fee? In the new product, which i have to make or in CPC-configuration?

Because in the new product, there is nothing where i could put assembly fee in

Thank you for helping

The assembly fee is the price for the new product you have created, not the the value of ppc configuration. In conclusion put a price for each new product and this price is the assembly fee.

Edited by hec

The assembly fee is the price for the new product you have created, not the the value of ppc configuration. In conclusion put a price for each new product and this price is the assembly fee.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH.

That was the part, i didnt understood.

You have to give the assemble fee field in the configuration a value AND make a product in ROOT.

Now it works --> PERFECT

many thanks to you, you are my personal hero ;-)

EDIT: what if you dont have ANY assembling fees? its not possible to set the field to 0.00 or leave it blank, because otherwise the pcconfigurator on client-side will not work anymore

Edited by christoph_999

Hi all,

I tried somethings. I keep the 'thousands_point' and the 'decimals_separator(,) in settings of currencies.

I instaled the version 24.08.2006 of ppc.

I modified only the prduct_list.php in line 171, put "," instead "." at the end of the line and everything works fine.

Now in my shop the price is 1.534,26 and in ppc 1534,26.

What is your opinion?

Thanks

Hi all

I am busy right now making the PPC compatible with the VAT incl/excl contribution. i've made some improvements, but it's not working totally yet.

For all the other questions, i would like to invite to all those who have improved something of the PPC, to go to the forum i created to work on this project. The URL is http://www.topfreeforum.com/ppc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

i am currnetly working on dependency and i am very near to the release version.

Is there anybody out there who is familiar with javascript? I have a problem which i did notz figure out in the last 3 days :(

This is the only thing what is missing at the moment.

greatings Patrick

Hi Meisterbartsch

Mein Englisch ist wirklich nicht so besonders, als dass ich vielleicht auch klar ausdr?cken k?nnte, was mein Problem ist ;-)

Deswegen (ich hoffe, das st?rt nicht) schreib ich hier nochmal auf deutsch:

Ich habe bereits mehrere Versionen ausprobiert und sehe nirgends eine Option, um die Montagekosten

a) in 2 oder mehrfacher Ausf?hrung irgedwo einzutragen

b ) sie ganz wegzulassen

bei a) ist klar, entweder bin ich blind oder bl?d, ich finds einfach nirgends, aber ich hab nat?rlich auch bemerkt, dass Du bei Deinem Screenshot, den Du schon hergezeigt hast, auch deutsche Sprache drin hast. Ich hab schon nach den Dateien f?r die Administration gesucht, finde aber nur ?berall entweder englisch, oder englisch und polnisch. Vielleicht hab ich ja ?berhaupt eine falsche Version oder so? Kann das sein? K?nntest Du mir vielleicht die derzeitig g?ltige Version nennen, in der das alles enthalten ist?

ach ja, ich sollte noch zu b ) kommen

Ok, wenn ich also versuche, das Montage-Feld ?berhaupt wegzulassen, indem ich einfach 0.00 ins Assembly Fee - Feld eintrage, dann wird das zwar in der Adminsitration angenommen, l?sst aber im Shop das compbuild.php nicht weiterladen, da steht dann einfach nur "l?dt........" und es tut sich aber nichts.

Ich finde Deine Contribution wirklich total genial und es hat lange gedauert, bis ich darauf gestossen bin. Jetzt bin ich nat?rlich auch schon ganz quirlig und h?tte sie am allerliebsten schon gestern zum Laufen gebracht.

Du siehst vielleicht an der Uhrzeit (es ist schon fr?h --> "schon") Schon deswegen, weil ich die ganze Nacht damit verbracht hab, es zum Laufen zu bringen.

Bin aber schon verzweifelt und dachte mir noch als letzte "Verzweiflungs" tat schreibe ich Dir noch, bevor ich jetzt schlafen geh.

Hilfst Du mir bitte? Ja?

Danke danke danke danke :rolleyes:

Hi, sorry f?r die Kurzfassung, ich muss mich bissi beeilen ;)

a) du musst in deinem catalog root (Kategorie 0) einfach die Produkte anlegen die werden dann angezeigt.

B) entweder assembly aktivieren UND ne fee setzten ODER off UND keine fee.. dann gehts

ist noch bisserl buggy alles, aber naja ;)

die deutsche language habe ich noch net mitgeuppt??? dann sollte ich das mal tun ;)

DEPENDENCIES WORK!!!!!

take a look at My Webshop

mainboard depends on cpu while cooler depends on mainboard ;)

i have to fix a few small sql bugs.. i am going to release in a few days!

Hi,

Looks great.

How does the dependancy mechanism actually work? Do you need to specify the socket that each CPU is manually, or does it work it all out itself?

Does it support multiple levels of categories?

Cheers,

Chris :)

Hi,

Looks great.

How does the dependancy mechanism actually work? Do you need to specify the socket that each CPU is manually, or does it work it all out itself?

Does it support multiple levels of categories?

Cheers,

Chris :)

you have to specify the dependencies in admin panel.

at the moment i only work with 2 level deep categories. I do not know what ppc is doing if you have a higher level of categories.

My dependencies rise and fall with the basis ;)

greetz

PAtrick

you have to specify the dependencies in admin panel.

at the moment i only work with 2 level deep categories. I do not know what ppc is doing if you have a higher level of categories.

My dependencies rise and fall with the basis ;)

greetz

PAtrick

Hi,

But do you actually have to go to each individual CPU and say which socket it is, and then to each motherboard individually and state which CPU socket it supports? Or is it simply mapping a category to another category?

For example, will it work with the current category mappings I have on my site at www.stonebridgecomputing.com.au ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Chris

Hi,

I have just installed this contribution all working fine on the admin section but on the store front side I am getting this error.

Warning: file_get_contents(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /var/www/html/compbuild.php on line 97

Can you help me fix this error please.

Thanks in advance.

Kunal