• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PC Pro Creator

empo

why cant make a usable readme file?? I did everything based on the included file, and not working!! :( couldnt find the skins or the images, which are placed in the build/img folder!!

in the catalog side, dont show the rows, only an ugly nocss style empty box!

in the new version i had to put manualy the missing column in the database! so the support is crap! :( but the contrip could be great!

What mod did you do to fix the missing column in the db. Thanks

We are on our own with this contrib..

I think -- at the bare minimum -- they should have a warning label on contrbs that are abandonded/ not supported by the contributors...just my opinion.

Thanks for your help, Angie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi friends, i had the same problem, but i found a simple solution.

firts at all im sorry for my poor english, try to understand me plz

well im using a not official osccomerce script, i had problems with pc pro creator ppc 2.3.2, the total price allways gave me $0

follow this steps to fix it

1. open

/prduct_list.php

go to line 98 and find this

$product ['price'] = ' '. $currencies->display_price($temps['products_price'],tep_get_tax_rate($temps['products_tax_class_id'])).' ';

change it for

$product ['price'] = ' '. $currencies->display_price1($temps['products_price'],tep_get_tax_rate($temps['products_tax_class_id'])).' ';

close and save

2. open

/includes/clases/currencies.php

go to arround line 74 and paste this function

function display_price1($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {

return (tep_add_tax($products_price, $products_tax) * $quantity);

}

close and save

enjoy it =D!

I have same problem, can anyone help please ?

my error reads when i open compbuld.php:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/micro/public_html/catalog/includes/header.php:190) in /home/micro/public_html/catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

HI JUST OPEN \includes\boxes\categories.php WITH NOTEPAD and replace all tep_show_category() by tep_show_category1()

this is not the best solution, but itz a practical solution

hi friends, i had the same problem, but i found a simple solution.

firts at all im sorry for my poor english, try to understand me plz

well im using a not official osccomerce script, i had problems with pc pro creator ppc 2.3.2, the total price allways gave me $0

follow this steps to fix it

1. open

/prduct_list.php

go to line 98 and find this

$product ['price'] = ' '. $currencies->display_price($temps['products_price'],tep_get_tax_rate($temps['products_tax_class_id'])).' ';

change it for

$product ['price'] = ' '. $currencies->display_price1($temps['products_price'],tep_get_tax_rate($temps['products_tax_class_id'])).' ';

close and save

2. open

/includes/clases/currencies.php

go to arround line 74 and paste this function

function display_price1($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {

return (tep_add_tax($products_price, $products_tax) * $quantity);

}

close and save

enjoy it =D!

Nice idea, but it doesnt seem to work, my total price still shows up as $0 and a still get the message "you must have products in order" when i click make order.

Any other ideas?

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') or (product2_id = )) and pd1.language_id =1 and pd2.language_id =1 and catdes.' at line 1

SELECT product1_id as p1id, pd1.products_name as p1name, catdes.categories_name as p1cat, product2_id as p2id, pd2.products_name as p2name, catdes2.categories_name as p2cat FROM compbuild_dependence as cd INNER JOIN products_description as pd1 on pd1.products_id = cd.product1_id INNER JOIN products_description as pd2 on pd2.products_id = cd.product2_id INNER JOIN products_to_categories as ptc on ptc.products_id = product1_id INNER JOIN categories_description as catdes on catdes.categories_id = ptc.categories_id INNER JOIN products_to_categories as ptc2 on ptc2.products_id = product2_id INNER JOIN categories_description as catdes2 on catdes2.categories_id = ptc2.categories_id WHERE ((product1_id = ) or (product2_id = )) and pd1.language_id =1 and pd2.language_id =1 and catdes.language_id=1 and catdes2.language_id=1

[TEP STOP]

Help Me !!!

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1

MySQL 4.1.20

PHP Version 4.3.9

• 2 weeks later...

I am having trouble removing some of the options from the PC Creator. For example I dont want the TV tuner or Video editing card listed.

I have tried escaping the lines that display these options from the Compbuild.php file listed in the Root Directory, however when I do that the items I select end up in the wrong rows. I have tried to edit the prduct_list.php file to correct this but when I do that I get errors.

I am using Pc pro Creatoe Version 2.2.1

Please Help!

• 2 months later...
you have to specify the dependencies in admin panel.

at the moment i only work with 2 level deep categories. I do not know what ppc is doing if you have a higher level of categories.

My dependencies rise and fall with the basis ;)

greetz

PAtrick

How we specify the dependencies in admin panel?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It works good i think! :thumbsup:

v2.2 RC2a

Apache/2.2.6 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.5

(Zend: 2.2.0) MySql 5.0.51

You can see at http://www.aidata.gr it's greek site

I have the same configuration and i am getting this error:

Warning: file_get_contents(http://localhost/shop/catalog/build/builder2.php) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. in C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\catalog\compbuild.php on line 97

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\catalog\compbuild.php on line 97

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 42

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 28

Could you please help me out with this. Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

After spending many days (weeks, months, whatever!!) trying to get this damned thing working I gave up and chucked it out the window.

I tried CCC (Custom Computer Creator) and spent some hours trying to get that working too. It showed a lot more potential but I quickly realised that the *dependancy* factor is non existent. There are other issues with this mod (CCC) that I think people are deliberately sidestepping (i.e. the radio buttons with images problem). And I'm not about to throw $200 at it to make it right - or even become a JAVA guru to prove that I can do it myself.

The vision and foundation of Oscommerce is open-source, its critical success factor is in the mission statement "individual commitment to a group effort". I am a proud and avid supporter of Oscommerce (and its philosophy), even though I haven't contributed much I have helped certain local and international people with their sites. I have spent an incredible amount of time on my site(s) and I refuse to hoard any of my source code, I have learnt so much from this "group effort" that it's only a pleasure for me to offer assistance wherever I can. Although I won't code for anyone for free I will however offer my source codes for free to help people to help themselves.

Okay, so I ditched CCC because it doesn't work properly and the support for it went pear-shaped, whether deliberate or not I don't care - it's too much work to get it where I need it to be.

I've now gone full-circle now, back to this contrib (PC Pro Creator) and made a deliberate effort to "decipher" it, simply to prove that CCC isn't the be-all and end-all of online PC Builders for Oscommerce.

This is what I have discovered about this (PC Pro Creator) contrib:

The *dependancy* does work. The spanish instruction "Agregar Relacion" (on the 'edit products page' in admin) I have renamed temporarily to "Select Category and Product then click here to Apply Dependance". Then for "Eliminor" I have renamed to "Click here to remove Dependance".

As you apply dependances you will see a list of then forming on the 'edit products page' - its not beautiful but for now it works.

The Assembly Fees issue does actually work... the authors instruction is not only confusing but also a complete lie. To get it working you need to create a new product category off the root (or "top") and then in there add your assembly fee(s) as if they (or it) are products. Then it gets a bit technical... you need to look at your tables (with phpMyAdmin for example), locate the categories_description table and browse it, locate the category that you've created for Assembly Fees and make a note of the catgories_id (a number). Then locate the file prduct_listing.php (in the catalog root) and open it for editing, look for the following line (near the end):

$c_query = tep_db_query("select products_id from products_to_categories where categories_id='33'");

.... yes!!!.. it's HARD CODED!!!!!???, so change the 33 to the number you noted from your categories_id in your categories_description table, save the change and test the builder - you'll see that the assembly fees are now listed.

That's all I have for now - the fact that these two (important) issues are working gives me hope for this contrib. There's still a lot of cosmetic work to do, I've already thrown the stylesheets away, making good progress now to get this thing to "look" like it belongs on my site.

I will try my best to keep coming back to this forum to answer questions (for help) about my "workarounds" for Dependancy and Assembly Fees.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people, especially in groups.

Sorry!! - a small error in my previous posting.....

...that's prduct_list.php in the catalog root and not prduct_listing.php

Anyone, (Please Help)

Are you guys sure that this contrib works with the latest version?? I recently installed the new version cart from scratch on my website without installing anything else but the PC Pro Creator and followed everything to the TEE. I keep getting this error in the upper left hand corner inside of the Admin consel: _BOXES . 'reports.php'); require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'tools.php'); ?>

Has anyone seen this??

It looks like this:

osadmin_edited.jpg

I performed the same contrib on an older version and it worked perfectly without any issues. What needs to be done?? Why am I getting this in the upper left hand corner. On the cart that works, it shows the build computer category, but the newer version doesn't. Please help me with this!!! This is a great contribution when it works!!! Please let me know if there is something that I need to do with the newer version of the cart.

Thanks,

Robert

It seems as if no-one is working on this contrib anymore. The non reply in days / weeks on end makes contribs like this useless!!! :angry: I don't understand... I mean if someone has this thing working correctly in a NEW revision of OSCommerce, then let us see it!!!! Better yet, let us see it in a ENGLISH version and explain what you did to get it to work without the bugs that have been mentioned... I think everyone would like to see this!!! Otherwise BUMP the contrib. I'm sorry guys about being negative, but I am extreemely frustrated with these contribs with no responses or help.

It seems as if no-one is working on this contrib anymore. The non reply in days / weeks on end makes contribs like this useless!!! :angry: I don't understand... I mean if someone has this thing working correctly in a NEW revision of OSCommerce, then let us see it!!!! Better yet, let us see it in a ENGLISH version and explain what you did to get it to work without the bugs that have been mentioned... I think everyone would like to see this!!! Otherwise BUMP the contrib. I'm sorry guys about being negative, but I am extreemely frustrated with these contribs with no responses or help.

i need support in this to can any one help ??

• 1 month later...
i need support in this to can any one help ??

Sorry folks! I've been away for a while.

I'm sure I can be of some help with this contrib..... I have spent a fair amount of time with this little monster and I will be publishing my work-in-progress so you can see it actually working (in english).

Anyone, (Please Help)

Are you guys sure that this contrib works with the latest version?? I recently installed the new version cart from scratch on my website without installing anything else but the PC Pro Creator and followed everything to the TEE. I keep getting this error in the upper left hand corner inside of the Admin consel: _BOXES . 'reports.php'); require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'tools.php'); ?>

Has anyone seen this??

It looks like this:

osadmin_edited.jpg

I performed the same contrib on an older version and it worked perfectly without any issues. What needs to be done?? Why am I getting this in the upper left hand corner. On the cart that works, it shows the build computer category, but the newer version doesn't. Please help me with this!!! This is a great contribution when it works!!! Please let me know if there is something that I need to do with the newer version of the cart.

Thanks,

Robert

Seems like a problem with the admin/includes/column_left.php file. Post it up here and I'll take a look.

Here is a link to the builder I've been working on.

www.finchtech.co.za/catalog/compbuild.php

The site is UNDER CONSTRUCTION. It is hosted in S.Africa so international access might be slow.