• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Problems

BillyBoy

I am new to oscommerce and am having a few snags on installation. I am running windows XP and using IIS. I am trying to set up a test installation on my computer in the localhost to test the software :huh:

At the end of the installation I get the following errors:

======================================

New Installation

osCommerce Configuration

Warning: fopen(c:/inetpub/wwwroot/haleymedia/htdocs/catalog/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\haleymedia\htdocs\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\haleymedia\htdocs\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\haleymedia\htdocs\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen(c:/inetpub/wwwroot/haleymedia/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\haleymedia\htdocs\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\haleymedia\htdocs\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\haleymedia\htdocs\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 261

The configuration was successful!

===============================

I am not totally sure how to set up he permissions on the localhost and can not find any reference to CHMOD in the options in the IIS manager.

Can anyone point me in the right directin please :blink:

Billy,

I am also new to oscommerce and trying to insall on Windows platform. Where did you get your install instructions from? What install instructions/methods/tools did you consider? I am feeling a little intimidated. Any information/insite you could provide would be very much appreciated.

sleepless

I have the same problem :( :(

The following error has occurred:

The configuration files do not exist, or permission levels are not set.

Please perform the following actions: /public_html/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/includes/

touch configure.php

chmod 706 configure.php

i have changed the file permision to 777 (ex-full access read write and execute) but still its not working. i hope you can put more help documents for instalation. and why do we have to change the permision to full access 777. this is step 7 of the total instalation. i am sure i have download the correct linux instalation pack becouse my webserver is runing linux operating system. :(

please be kind enough to sort out this problem

Archived