• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New site for comments please

chrisr63

I've been working on my site for a while now and I think I'm ready for some comments! I've tried to make it as professional as possible, given that the shop is a hobby really. Until a couple of months ago, I didn't have any html or PHP knowledge, so constructive feedback would be really helpful.

www.programme-collector.co.uk

Any comments, positive or negative greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nice site. Some might say a bit stock osc, but it works for your design and layout. Can only find a couple of things to point out. First, do you need so many categories? Most have only one product - may be worth stripping the categories down a bit to give the impression of a larger range.....unless you have many more products to be added, of course...

Your category header bar titles may need a bit of work - as an example, the page I just look at just said 1962-3 - this is a bit vague to get you any return from the search engines. If it had the full category path European Matches ? Cup Winners Cup ? By season ? 1962-3 you would become much more visible for specific searches....

Your about us page is very honest, but does not inspire confidence. It reads like an eBay About Me page, but it is in the middle of what looks like a proffessional store (now theres a backhanded compliment if ever I wrote one...). Your info page created pages also have no meta information. I've not used that particular contrib, but would imagine that there must be meta data additions for it somewhere...

I really like you buttons, nice, clean cut and suit your store. Your sign in page has a table problem I think - the sign in/sign up boxes are all over to the left with a big blank gap between them and your right hand column....

mmm. impressed. Very nice site, go pat yourself on the back. One question though - what is a Spurs fan doing with so many Arsenal progs??? Surely you must have run out of loo roll at least once...;)

P.S. Please delete my test account - just trying out all pages! You'll spot it easy enough!

P.P.S. Your pages seem to hang for quite a while - the newsletter scrolling text thing looks good, but is probably slowing your page loads down quite a bit.....just a thought.

Please note - if I have suggested a contrib above, it doesnt mean it will work! Most of the contribs are not ones I've used, but may be useful for your particular problem....

Have you tried a refined search? Chances are your problem has already been dealt with elsewhere on the forums.....

if (stumped == true) {

return(square_one($start_over)

} else {

$random_query = tep_fetch_answer($forum_query)

}

Archived