• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Looking for suggestions & help

rekhis

Hello Gurus,

This post is for 2 types of audiences - graphic designers & osC config. experts.

The website I have created is almost ready for launch. My client has asked me if following can be done -

1. The category listing (which appears on the left pane) to also appear on the top (just above the text "Welcome to the ...").

2. When you click on a Category, the sub-cateory listing (which appears in the center page) to have larger, color fonts). The products also to have larger fonts.

3. For the main page, image to have some graphic clickable animation, preferably flash animation.

4. The homepage looks very simple to him, he wants me to add some background color or image. Where and how do I add so that it goes well with the current setup and spawns all panes?

Any help or pointers will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Manjeet

The URL is - http://www.kamdarplaza.com/index.php

Hi,

Sorry, I am neither of the above. BUT

I think he is being too picky. You have a pleasant, clean, streamlined website.

4. The homepage looks very simple to him, he wants me to add some background color or image. Where and how do I add so that it goes well with the current setup and spawns all panes?

oscommerce catalog/stylesheet.css :

BODY {

background:pink;

color: black;

margin: 0px;

I like your website the way it is.

Thank you for your kind comments; I wish he would agree too!

I tried the code you suggested. It surely puts the background pink, but the boxes are still white and the border of the rounded boxes have little white space. Instead of putting just color, can I put some kind of pattern or image which can hide some of the white space?

Thanks again. Others, please feel free to chip in. Any help is appreciated.

Manjeet

Thank you for your kind comments; I wish he would agree too!

I tried the code you suggested. It surely puts the background pink, but the boxes are still white and the border of the rounded boxes have little white space. Instead of putting just color, can I put some kind of pattern or image which can hide some of the white space?

Thanks again. Others, please feel free to chip in. Any help is appreciated.

Manjeet

The infobox corners are gifs , which you can change in this folder: images/infobox/

You can find more tips on design in the links in my signature.....

I would be more concerned that the site has a scroll at the bottom (a pet peeve of mine) than I would be about putting the category links at the top right next to the ones already there.

You can add flash anywhere on the site you want.

Colors, fonts and so on can be changed in the stylesheet.css

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I have managed to change the font size for product listing & sub-categories. I was also able to fill in the info boxes with same color. However, is it possible to fill them with some color pattern?

I will be working to set infobox corners to same color.

How do I put categories on the top as well? I see some empty space on the top which I can use for this, I suppose.

And thanks Jumping Rabbit, I will surely take a look at Basic Design link.

Thanks

Manjeet

Archived