• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment module auto select by county

myideal

Hi,

I dont know if this can be done and if it can then it would be great if someone could help.

At the moment our website sells to the UK, US and Europe. For UK customers we use the NoChex option, however we need to use PayPal for the US and Europe option, however Nochex is cheaper and we would like to force all UK customers to use NoChex.

So is there any way which I can setup the site so if the customer selects the United kingdom as there country they only see the Nochex option and for US and EU countries the only option shown is that of PayPal?

This would be great if I could do this, however I dont know if it can be done and how, hence the reason I have come to ask the brains behind OSCommerce who always appear to know if something can be done and how.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I dont know if this can be done and if it can then it would be great if someone could help.

At the moment our website sells to the UK, US and Europe. For UK customers we use the NoChex option, however we need to use PayPal for the US and Europe option, however Nochex is cheaper and we would like to force all UK customers to use NoChex.

So is there any way which I can setup the site so if the customer selects the United kingdom as there country they only see the Nochex option and for US and EU countries the only option shown is that of PayPal?

This would be great if I could do this, however I dont know if it can be done and how, hence the reason I have come to ask the brains behind OSCommerce who always appear to know if something can be done and how.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You could do what we did, we wanted all UK customers to use nochex aswell so we edited the nochecx.php title to as shown on our website..the idea is not to mention Nochex and just say something like " choose this option if paying upto ?300-UK customers Only "

you may still get some UK customers paying via paypal but make sure you only despatch goods to confirmed addresses and if the address is unconfirmed eitehr insist on customers using nochex as specified on your website or ask them for elec transfer of funds etc.

Archived