• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My first store - Please critique & leave feedback

sfcstjohn

I'm not looking for "hey, great job" or "hey, you suck", I'd really like some honest feedback from you guys. You are the experts and I'd like to make my store work. It's based on selling Motorcycle Ride Bells (superstition among bikers, road bells ward away evil spirits, etc...). It all ties in with my main site - www.volusiagateway.us

Thanks in advance!

www.volusiagateway.us/ridebells

Very clearly an oscommerce store. Needs some work to make it look different. Remove those bad corner graphics. Add some metatags. Change the stock buttons. Add some sort of ssl. You still have some stock manufacturers listed. If you only have one language and currency do you need the boxes. Do you really need my date of birth, unless of course you plan to send me a birthday card. Advanced search help page needs altering.

Wont say much more, but make the store look different. Make people want to buy from you.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I'm on a T1 line at work and the Ride Bells category page is painfully slow to load. You might look into getting a thumbnailer contribution or something that let's you add both big and small pictures.

Also, I personally prefer products in rows, not just one long column.

The site could definitely use some customizing.

Hope that helps. :-)

Adrienne

Archived