• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Store going live soon

vonbaxter

I am about to go live in a week or so with my site (not set in stone) I have worked out all the functionality kinks such as payment, shipping etc and am now focusing on the appearance. The main site of ours is Ralph's Records which will give you an idea of the color scheme and themes. The oscommerce store is Ralph's oscommerce I am a student who was working at the store for a school job but was given the web side of the business to run as my own. I haven't taken any design classes and have a friend who does the graphics so any comments on improving the functionality or especially the design and feel of either site would be appreaciated but I am most concered with the look and feel of the oscommerce store.

THANK YOU!!!! :D :D :D

After looking at both sites, i must say that i prefer the original one. There is far too much pink. Why not make it look like the other site and apply a black background.

You have those silly, easy to remove corner graphics on all your headers.

All the files in your information box need some form of layout and style. People hate reading text, especially when there are no breaks and paragraphs, and things like that. Make them readable.

I only looked quickly, but i could not see a contact address and phone number.

It looks like you need some serious work on installing an ssl certificate, and metatags. If you have these installed, they dont appear to be working.

I dont need to know when each product was added to your store.

Your advanced search help file needs altering to something that is based on what you sell on your shop.

As your store is very basic, and clearly oscommerce based, you need to do alot of work yet.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Thank you! I knew that there was a lot of stuff off kilter. Any suggestions for the space in the middle of the first page? I added a graphic but it looked really bad so I pulled it.

After looking at both sites, i must say that  i prefer the original one.  There is far too much pink.  Why not make it look like the other site and apply a black background.

You have those silly, easy to remove corner graphics on all your headers.

All the files in your information box need some form of layout and style.  People hate reading text, especially when there are no breaks and paragraphs, and things like that.  Make them readable.

I only looked quickly, but i could not see a contact address and phone number.

It looks like you need some serious work on installing an ssl certificate, and metatags.  If you have these installed, they dont appear to be working.

I dont need to know when each product was added to your store.

Your advanced search help file needs altering to something that is based on what you sell on your shop.

As your store is very basic, and clearly oscommerce based, you need to do alot of work yet.

Got the SSL set up and working. Changed the Conditions, Privacy and Shiping info. A couple of things I really want to change is to add ssl to the login box on the left column and to remove the highlight bar that appears on a selection in the shipping and payment options pages. The highlight obscures the selection so much you can't see what choice was made. Any ideas on how to fix these? I plan on changing the search tomorrow to be more relevant. Any last things that stand out that need to be fixed? Thanks a million you have all been a great help!!!!

B)

wow, I have seen some need for a thumbnail contrib before ... but this takes the first prize ... Get the thumbnail contrib! Your images are 600kb (about 6MB) each!!!! That would take all night to download on a 56k modem ...

Jud

Archived