• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin Security

easyweb

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce_I...nd_Upgrades/224

The store admin directory on your server needs to be password protected using .htaccess. Most of the time the server you are hosting your store on has the ability to password protect directories through the server administration area so check with your host.

I'm not familiar with .htaccess since I am using a Windows server, but in Windows, you would need to change the permissions for the admin folder so that the Internet Guest Account has no access, and then set up a user that you will allow having access for that folder. When accessed from the web, since anonymous access is disallowed, it will prompt for a username and password as defined in .htaccess or the Windows Permissions.

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce_I...nd_Upgrades/224

I'm not familiar with .htaccess since I am using a Windows server, but in Windows, you would need to change the permissions for the admin folder so that the Internet Guest Account has no access, and then set up a user that you will allow having access for that folder.  When accessed from the web, since anonymous access is disallowed, it will prompt for a username and password as defined in .htaccess or the Windows Permissions.

how do i write a htaccess file?

Does your host have a panel (like cpanel?) where you can set access/passwords?

If you have it use it.

Not sure? contact your host.

If you don't have it, go to Google ans search on .htaccess. You'll find lot's of tutorials.

Another option would be a contribution with admin access.

Forum search

Contributions search

Documentation search (note: docs being adapted for MS3, may be different for MS2)

3 tips for better forum searching

Want to post? Read this first:

osCommerce for dummies

Topic name etiquette

Basics:

Basics for design

Right syntax to use near '-20, 20'

Cannot re-assign $this

Parse error

Does your host have a panel (like cpanel?) where you can set access/passwords?

If you have it use it.

Not sure? contact your host.

If you don't have it, go to Google ans search on .htaccess. You'll find lot's of tutorials.

Another option would be a contribution with admin access.

Wow thank you so much! I did know my Cpanel had a password protection on it, i just never thought of using it!! lol

Archived