• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products_model problem

spr1nt

im using easy populate to upload all my products. i sometimes have really long product model #'s such as this "HEADPHONE 8XE" and easy populate tells me this:

oo many characters in the model number.

12 is the maximum on a standard OSC install.

Your maximum product_model length is set to 12

You can either shorten your model numbers or increase the size of the field in the database.

so i go into my database and change product_model to varchar(24) in the products and orders products table. yet im still getting the same error message. anyone know how i can fix this?

• 1 month later...
im using easy populate to upload all my products.  i sometimes have really long product model #'s such as this "HEADPHONE 8XE" and easy populate tells me this:

oo many characters in the model number.

12 is the maximum on a standard OSC install.

Your maximum product_model length is set to 12

You can either shorten your model numbers or increase the size of the field in the database.

so i go into my database and change product_model to varchar(24) in the products and orders products table.  yet im still getting the same error message.  anyone know how i can fix this?

If you haven't figured this one out yet, you have to edit easypopulate.php and change $modelsize =12 ; so that it equals 24 or whatever you set it up as in phpmyadmin.

• 4 months later...

Archived