• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Table Rate Limitations

WVOz1970

I'm using the Separate Price Per Person contrib and it works great. I put together a bookstore for a publisher. He wants each author to be able to get contracted pricing on their books but also be able to shop for other books. This contrib seems to do the trick.

Here's my new challenge. With this contrib, I can specify shipping options that each customer receives. For the regular customer, they get USPS or UPS options. Because we drop-ship authors directly, we have different postal rates for them. Therefore, I tried to use the "table rate" option and add in the USPS Priority Mail rates by pound. Problem is, it looks to have truncated the list I created around thirty pounds.

I can't seem to find where this module limits the data field. Any suggestions?

OK... so I can't edit my post...

I found it.

Didn't look far enough... It's something like record 246 of my configuration table. So I've now located it... It's a VARCHAR field set to 255. Can I make this field any larger, or is 255 the limit. I'm guessing I'll just try and see, but if anyone can tell me, I'd appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
OK... so I can't edit my post...

I found it.

Didn't look far enough... It's something like record 246 of my configuration table.  So I've now located it... It's a VARCHAR field set to 255.  Can I make this field any larger, or is 255 the limit.  I'm guessing I'll just try and see, but if anyone can tell me, I'd appreciate it.

The limit for VARCHAR is 255 characters in MySQL you could change it to text to allow more characters. I have never tried this so I am not saying it will work but it probably will. To change it get into your database table via phpmyadmin or similar and find the column and change the column data type to text. You don't assign character limits in a text column.

Let us know how it works out, I'm interested too.