• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

French language

Would it be possible to add the french language by default in the language folder of os commerce ? Actually their is only the English, German and Espanol by default. This is only a suggestion ... up to you guys to decide !

Thanks

You can make your own language files. I also saw someone who had the flag images for the different languages there and when you clicked on it, the site was loaded in through babelfishs translater. Not perfect but definately a quick fix if you want to have a language you do not know. =)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

• 4 months later...

An answer long time after the question but it's probably an help for those who are searching !

for a french version of os commerce go there :Os commerce en fran?ais

MS2 2.2 fr + Manufacturer copy (5 manufacturers - modified to make it works) + More pics 6 + FCK Editor + zones shipping (modified without weight) + My contribution : Shopping Cart Management for Unique Products

I apologize in advance for my poor English I'm French !

• 3 weeks later...

You can find a french package here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1345

The instructions for installation are in the install.txt file. But beware, I installed it, but the texts are not so good ( bad translation) and all the accents ( ?,?,?,?, ...) are replaced by %adf#gfh... So I guess you will have to write every text all over again.

If anyone stumbles upon a good french package, I'll be glad to know.

Archived