• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

showing subcategories

Hi there,

I am trying to put a small site together that will have only four main categories, a nice clean simple design and was thinking of hard coding the default page myself with the four categories. Want I want to do is then pass the information to the /store/ directory default page and only display the subcategories for that particular main category.

I have worked with vb.Net before - not PHP though - what would be the best way to approach this?

thanks for any advice - no matter how small.

Dave.

I am not sure I am getting exactly what you want to do but I know there is a contribution that allows you to show your categories on the main page. (in the center)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2125

once you click a category link, the subcategory links/images show on the page

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Sorry i read my first post. Might be a bit ambigous....

to simplify. I dont want the main categories to be displayed in the info box, i only want the sub categories of a main category button....

i know how i would go about this .net but php is something quite foreign to me... can i just feed an sql select command in?

This is on the lines of what I was thinking. I would like to have 3 main catagories: Antiques, Collectibles and Fine Art. On the left navigation link the first group of links would be all the subcategories under Antiques, then the main categories Collectibles and Fine Art would follow (without the arrow pointing to the subcatagories Collectibles and Antiques).Does anyone know how this can be done?

Thanks

Archived