• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error on step 7 of the installation

Brit

On step 7 of the installation i get following error message:

A test connection made to the database was NOT successful.

The error message returned is:

Table 'xxxx.configuration' doesn't exist (xxxx is the name of my database)

My settings must be correct though, because on step 2 where I filled in the same settings I get a successful test connection

I searched the forum, the only workaround I found (clicking also on "import database" in the first step) did'nt work for me.

Does anyone know what to do?

It can cause connection problems if you enabled ssl during the early part of the install without having an ssl connection. It can also cause connection problems if you enabled persistent connections during the install. Some hosts will specifically ban persistent connections.

Vger

Thank you.

I tried with all different "settings". First I never enabled SSL. Then I did, Then I enabled files, then database and so on. I deleted the catalog already twice on my serveur and reloaded it...I still get this same error....

Could'nt be a problem that I'm on a Mac, could it (tried with IE, Netscape, Safari, Opera)

I have to admit that I am one of those who don't know much about MySQL.

Tried to do what says the documentation in case of manual installation, but don't get it at all...

I'm not even able to send a query 'mysqlshow' to see what tables might be already there; and I don't habe privilege to create a new databas (that's probably ok though?...)

Just one thought: It says that chmod has to be set to 777 on both configure.php files, maybe the chmod of some more files has to be changed?

You likely won't have permission to create a new database from within phpMyAdmin, but you can create one in your web hosting control panel. Just look for the MySQL link and you should find an entry for Create Database.

Vger

Archived