• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Setting up products for downloads

barb45684

While testing in sandbox, My Paypal IPN seems to be working and I'm returned to the website. Even though I have enabled downloads and downloads with redirects, I don't see where to download, and the product remains in pending in the shopping cart.

I've obviously not set something. Can anyone please tell me where some documentation is so that I can read how to set up the product and the product attributes properly for simple download of PDF's?

Thanks,

Barbara King

Hi,

I had this problem too!

Where you find the download is actually in the customers account they created on signing up for your product when purchasing. Go into your account and down near the bottom you will see the name of the product to be clicked on for downloading...

I hope this helps you out!

Kev.

I've read that page more than a dozen times. It just doesn't go into detail. For instance, Someone told me on the product attributes, you don't use the full url to the download file. Where is that documented? I'm just trying to get the install to work. If the "full" documentation were availbale for the initial install in one pdf file, it would be so much easier.

Thanks anyway.

Barbara

Hi,

I had this problem too!

Where you find the download is actually in the customers account they created on signing up for your product when purchasing. Go into your account and down near the bottom you will see the name of the product to be clicked on for downloading...

I hope this helps you out!

Kev.

All the paypal stuff seems to working and I am returned to the website

I get the Checkout Success screen press continue

then it goes to the index.php page

I click on "My Account" in the top nav bar

and it goes to "My Account Information" Screen

When I click on view beside "My Orders" the screen times out...and bombs

Is that where it is suppose to allow the download?

Also, on the product attributes, someone told me you don't have to put the full url to the product in the download file, not even the .pdf

If this stuff was documented I could read and follow the instructions

I think OS relies too much on seek and search thru the forums to finding all the answers.

Anyway, I've been four days trying to get one prouduct thru the testing phase.

I'm using Paypal IPN and testing that thru sandbox. I think that part is working.

Now, I realize I have to try to find out about installing SSL. I'm beginning to get all discouraged about the process.

One thing, I think is not working is that the returning customer information is not there, the email is getting overwritten with another email address.

Any in depth information you can give me would be helpful.

Barbara

• 2 months later...

Archived