• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Visitors Cart / Members Cart

mi_jaiten

(I want the reason to sign in to be that members get discounts off their purchases.)

How can I:

A) Allow visitors to be able to Check out & Buy no discount but not have to sign in.

B) When a member buys a product and it is added to their cart the discount is shown and deducted from the total.

Michelle

You need to install Purchase without Account. You can install the standard one where they are sent to the screen that gives them the option to login, create an account or purchase without account or I think there is a very latest version where if you say Checkout and you are not logged in it will assume you are checking out without account (I don't really like that). So that handles your A)

As to how to give members a discount, there is a member discount contribution. Last time I looked it was farily simple and it was not automatic. You had to make a registered user a Member. It does not show the discount until checking out. BUt do look at the contributions - there must be something there to suit you.

FlyingKites,

Thanks for your tips I have checked out contributions and found a couple things that might work for me.

P.S. By any chance do you have a copy of the original catalog/configure.php as I overwrote mine by mistake with catalog/includes/configure.php and I think it's stopping me updating catalog/includes/configure.php for SSL.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

Archived