• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Unable to log into admin section...Help

Here it goes.. Just started using OS commerce a few days ago and I was able to sign on with no problems changed some stuff around added some products even took an order with cart. But I got this message yesterday.

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/janome/public_html/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31

I searched and found a post that said to change line 31 and changed line 31 to

unset ($this);

Worked great to get me into the admin section but now I get this error after I try to post a change to the cart. It makes the change but errors out after I make it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/janome/public_html/admin/includes/classes/upload.php:188) in /home/janome/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Not sure how to repair or fix this problem?

You edited upload.php using the oscommerce File Manager, and there's likely a blank space or spaces before the opening <?php tag in that file.

To learn how to edit a file correctly follow the Parse Error link below my name.

Vger

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the instruction on solving this problem, 2nd question for you if you have a moment. I updated my site using a product from my host called fantatico. Went ok except it reset the the upload.php back to $this = (null); which of cource blocked my from entering the admin area of site. Did the quick fix (correctly) to file unset ($this); and it works great. My Question is why am I having problems with this line of code?

I also have one more question is there better way to search the forums? I tried entering key word into serch but it returns serveral worthless entries. Is there a subject search?

Again thanks for your help

Good Luck,

Chris

The best thing to do with regard to searching the forum, if you have the Google Toolbar installed on your browser, is to input the search term into the Google Search Box and then select Current Site. It will search the osC Forums and return much better results.

Don't use the WYSIWYG osCommerce Editor that comes as part of your web hosting control panel, as that will royally mess things up.

Vger

I talked to a friend of mine that is doing osCommerce programing in his program class in college, he came over and after about 30 minutes of looking at what was going on changed line 31 to "unsent($this);" and everything works fine. And I to wonder why I was having problems with it. Considering everything single thing worked locally and that was the only problem that came up during server side installation.

Archived