• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

payment

kienbiz

Hi,

I am new to net-based business. I have installed oscommerce. Like some members here, i am a complete newbie when it comes to payment, which incidentally, is the most important aspect of the business.

Steve mentioned about authorizenet and merchant account. Merchant account has to be opened with a bank with an initial deposit. I am ignorant, at the moment, about authorizenet. Is it a net service to subscribe and pay for? If i go to a bank to open a merchant account, it may require me to subscribe to their preferred authorizing service. Perhaps I should start things by making a trip to the bank first?

Would appreciate a reply.

Thks.

Ken

Hi,

I am new to net-based business. I have installed oscommerce. Like some members here, i am a complete newbie when it comes to payment, which incidentally, is the most important aspect of the business.

Steve mentioned about authorizenet and merchant account. Merchant account has to be opened with a bank with an initial deposit. I am ignorant, at the moment, about authorizenet. Is it a net service to subscribe and pay for? If i go to a bank to open a merchant account, it may require me to subscribe to their preferred authorizing service. Perhaps I should start things by making a trip to the bank first?

Would appreciate a reply.

Thks.

Ken

Do talk with your local business bank about a merchant account, they will also tell you which payment gateways are compatible with their system.

Its also possible to apply for and get a merchant account and a payment gateway in one go, a typical offering would be...

0 in set-up

about: 30 USD a month

Discount rate: 2.19 to 2.39

You also have 3 party providers, where you do not need your own merchant account, like Paypal, Worldpay, 2checkout and more....

Do talk with your local business bank about a merchant account, they will also tell you which payment gateways are compatible with their system.

Its also possible to apply for and get a merchant account and a payment gateway in one go, a typical offering would be...

0 in set-up

about: 30 USD a month

Discount rate: 2.19 to 2.39

You also have 3 party providers, where you do not need your own merchant account,  like Paypal, Worldpay, 2checkout and more....

Thanks for the prompt response, its almost like Instant Messaging. Say, after I have got the merchant account and the gateway service, how to tie them in with oscommerce?

Ken

Thanks for the prompt response, its almost like Instant Messaging. Say, after I have got the merchant account and the gateway service, how to tie them in with oscommerce?

Ken

If you want it to be hazzle free, choose a gateway service which already has a module for oscommerce..

Like these 3

Authorize.net

Linkpoint

Payflow pro (Verisign)

There are several more too, just take a look in the contribution section under payment modules.

If you want it to be hazzle free, choose a gateway service which already has a module for oscommerce..

Like these 3

Authorize.net

Linkpoint

Payflow pro (Verisign)

There are several more too, just take a look in the contribution section under payment modules.

The issue i am trying to resolve is how oscommerce will link up to the payment page. I have simulated a purchase using a valid credit card number. I was able to finish the checkout process. And things stop there. I believe that is because no payment page has been linked to the checkout page. I notice php pages on authorizenet, paypal etc. Is there a missing href in the checkout page that I am expected to add-in, depending on which service I choose?

Cheers

ken

You can do all this on-line. Authorizenet is jus one gateway provider, but a good one. You do NOT need a merchant bank to have a merchant account.

The issue i am trying to resolve is how oscommerce will link up to the payment page. I have simulated a purchase using a valid credit card number. I was able to finish the checkout process. And things stop there. I believe that is because no payment page has been linked to the checkout page. I notice php pages on authorizenet, paypal etc. Is there a missing href in the checkout page that I am expected to add-in, depending on which service I choose?

Cheers

ken

Steven Allen

Cheers

ken

You have to activate/add the relevant payment modules for this to work.

If you just have cc setup, it just stores the cc number and thats it.

If you go to your admin and activates the paypal module and inputs your paypal email, then you can use that one.

But i would suggest you download and install PayPal IPN instead.

The same goes for Authorize.net , you can go to the admin and activate it and input your id.

But i would suggest you download and use the authorize.net aim module instead. (The customer inputs the info on your site, he/she is not redirected to a separate payment page)

Ofcourse its a given you already have a paypal account and/or a authorize.net account to use these 2 modules.

You have to activate/add the relevant payment modules for this to work.

If you just have cc setup, it just stores the cc number and thats it.

If you go to your admin and activates the paypal module and inputs your paypal email, then you can use that one.

But i would suggest you download and install PayPal IPN instead.

The same goes for Authorize.net , you can go to the admin and activate it and input your id.

But i would suggest you download and use the authorize.net aim module instead. (The customer inputs the info on your site, he/she is not redirected to a separate payment page)

Ofcourse its a given you already have a paypal account and/or a authorize.net account to use these 2 modules.

Got it working now. I missed out that part of activating the payment modules thro admin.

Thanks for all the help and a big applause for all those developers. This is a great piece of work.

Cheers

Ken