• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Place new message on shipping page

wildman

When I get to the Shipping page during a checkout, the shipping method box says 'Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order.' I would like to add another message to this box to let the customers that they must call for shipping on a certain item. Where at in the scripts can I modify this? All I need to know is what file it is in.

When I get to the Shipping page during a checkout, the shipping method box says 'Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order.' I would like to add another message to this box to let the customers that they must call for shipping on a certain item. Where at in the scripts can I modify this? All I need to know is what file it is in.

I am afraid it is not that simple.

the selection options are generated by the active shipping modules you have installed. These work "independant" of eachother.

So if you want an option to appear when a certain item is in the cart/order then you need to write a separate shipping module which states that message and only enable it when that item is in the cart.

Treasurer MFC

• 3 weeks later...

If i understand your question correctly, you can modify the checkout_shipping.php file under catalog -> includes -> language -> english.

change whatever you want in:

define('TEXT_CHOOSE_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX');

• 2 weeks later...
If i understand your question correctly, you can modify the checkout_shipping.php file under catalog -> includes -> language -> english.

change whatever you want in:

define('TEXT_CHOOSE_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX');

Been looking all over for this.. it doesn't quite solve my problem though..

My client currently calculats shipping in house. He wants the osC up yesterday and hasn;t the time to give me weights for all the items. We do plan in real time UPS etc down the road.. In the meantime I need to diable the choice of shipping method and infor them as we currently do:

** Shipping is based on WEIGHT - we ship the least expensive and most efficient method.

If you desire to be contacted by email or phone with the total of your order, including shipping, before your order is processed, you MUST make that request in the comments box below.

Shipping costs {link}

APO addresses should be entered with APO in the city, AP in the state and US as the country code.

Should I just insist he get me weights NOW?? Or maybe how do I add a shipping option of:

Add shipping and process my order

Add shipping and contact me with total before processing

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com