• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Creating a Logo

greviccis

Hello,

Just wondering. I need to creat a logo for my site. What is the best way to create a logo? So many sites have nice colorful logos. Can a novice like me make a nice logo or does it have to be professionally done?

Any expert advice would be appreciated.

thank you very much.

Grev

Hello,

Just wondering. I need to creat a logo for my site. What is the best way to create a logo? So many sites have nice colorful logos. Can a novice like me make a nice logo or does it have to be professionally done?

Any expert advice would be appreciated.

thank you very much.

Grev

Logo's can be anything from 2-3 color and simple straight lines to very complex designs. If your trying to make a logo that will sorta give you a "branding" effect then keep in mind should you want to use it on packaging, t-shirts, banners if you do shows..that more the colors used and the more detail used the higher the cost is going to be to reproduce this logo style.

sticking with basic 2-3 color designs will also limit the load time for your website. large heavy logos can be a killer for people with older computers or slow connection speeds.

Flash intro and logos look cool.... but once again it gets back to speed for older computers and connection speeds. Not everyone or everywhere in the world that may view your site has a DSL connection..this slow loading of a site can either time out or discourage people and have them move on to another site.

If your wanting to play about with some simple software then take a look at Adobe Photoshop Elements. It is around the price of 50.00USD and can be found cheaper online and on auction sits like eBay. You may also want to get a copy of help books for the program which you can get at your local bookstore or once again online. Get the books with the color illustrations and step by step. Then just use your imagination and go from there.

There are tons of plugin filters for the Elements software with many being free and found at adobe's website. You can also get demo version software from magazines that will work with it and doing online searches for "plug-ins Photoshop Elements". Some plugins are costly, but the results are worth it if you plan to work with the software and advance your skills...which for most is not a overnight learning process. Start simple and build....

• 1 month later...
What is the best way to create a logo?

There are also some free "create a logo" services on the internet. Just do a search for "free create logo", and you'll see some that allow you to choose colors, fonts, wording, etc. Pretty basic stuff, but free, and they look good.

If you are willing to pay for it then request a contest at sitepoint.com Post a thread in here: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=219 with a title "20$ logo". Hell, they'd even do it for 10 bucks :P And it can be done very professionally + you get to pick from lotsa attempts. Oh and you also hve the right not to pick at all. Very handy :)

can someone please tell me how to change the alt text for the top page logo

Thank you for your time

hello

includes/header.php calls a function

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce')

you can hard code the alt tag just replace the 'osCommerce' with 'what ever you want for an alt'

if you are useing mutiple languages you will have to add a line like this to

includes/languages/english.php

define('HEADER_LOGO_ALT, 'what ever you want for an ALT tag');

then when you call the function it would look like this

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', HEADER_LOGO_ALT)

hope this helps

Billy Z

Archived